Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 $59.99 After MIR w/ Free Shipping

Use code NEWCUSTOMER10 for additional $10 off if you're a "new" customer.

Making it $49.99.

Yup. I'd grab another one if I didn't already do two rebates recently, plus I'm moving in a few weeks and don't know my new address yet.

Can't help with the change of address thing, but it looks like they've upped the number of rebates you can get (from the rebate PDF):

Requirements:

• Purchase select Hitachi Products at Newegg only.

• Purchase must be made between 06/14/11 and 07/10/11.

• All claim requests must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase date.

• Rebate is limited to FIVE per product.

Previous runs were indeed limited to two.

Requirements:

Which is all well and good so long as they send you your rebate.  I have three rebates out for Corsair, WD and Hitachi... they were submitted around the time I got my 4224 build up and running..  3 months later, nothing yet.

Should I receive the rebates, then I'll spring for the rebate game.. heck, a rebate for my Panny Plasma for the Skype camera that I submitted two weeks after those aforementioned rebates already resulted in delivery of the camera, two weeks ago no less.  I get all giddy when I actually receive a rebate as I was supposed to.. we shouldn't feel that way, but, sure enough, I'm all sort of excited when I receive them..

How cool would that be if Newegg extended the manufacturers rebate to us, then they submitted the rebate paperwork on their end.  Now wouldn't that be something.. it will for manpower reasons never be done, but, one can dream. ;p

Requirements:

Which is all well and good so long as they send you your rebate.  I have three rebates out for Corsair, WD and Hitachi... they were submitted around the time I got my 4224 build up and running..  3 months later, nothing yet.

Should I receive the rebates, then I'll spring for the rebate game.. heck, a rebate for my Panny Plasma for the Skype camera that I submitted two weeks after those aforementioned rebates already resulted in delivery of the camera, two weeks ago no less.  I get all giddy when I actually receive a rebate as I was supposed to.. we shouldn't feel that way, but, sure enough, I'm all sort of excited when I receive them..

How cool would that be if Newegg extended the manufacturers rebate to us, then they submitted the rebate paperwork on their end.  Now wouldn't that be something.. it will for manpower reasons never be done, but, one can dream. ;p

+1 (while build my 4224  :D) Corsair Pro PSU, purchased on 04/14/2011 (pre registered) all is well they validated everything and i should recieve by 7-13-2011 per them. Thats one ridiculous timeframe to wait... I always try to avoid rebates were I can.

Fair point--I too have had mixed success with rebates.  Some are acknowledged and honored, some are acknowledged and not honored, some are not even acknowledged.  In this particular case, from a pure rules of engagement standpoint Hitachi (aka Western Digital) has altered the limit from two to five.

Now, if we could get Newegg to handle the paperwork like you suggest, I'd spend even more with them than I do.  Dare to dream, dare to dream!

I think I have about 4 rebates for various items pending right now.  I am getting tired of the rebate thing.

These drives are periodically 69.99 on Amazon, and I have been going that way - especially since we have to pay tax here in CA for Newegg.  Never had problems with the Hitachi rebates however.

Whats the world coming too?  People will sell their souls for $10 by signing up for multiple accounts to get a discount intended for new customers.

Whats next?  If your local church is giving out food for the homeless, are you going to lineup and claim you are homeless to get a free meal?  Giving away money to help disabled vets, why not lie about that too?

Come on people, its $10.  Have a little respect for yourself.

Whats the world coming too?  People will sell their souls for $10 by signing up for multiple accounts to get a discount intended for new customers.

Whats next?  If your local church is giving out food for the homeless, are you going to lineup and claim you are homeless to get a free meal?  Giving away money to help disabled vets, why not lie about that too?

Your example isn't even close to the same thing as a $10 coupon. If Newegg didn't want this to happen they could easily restrict new users by address, IP, etc. I doubt they're losing money, even with the coupon.

Your example isn't even close to the same thing as a $10 coupon. If Newegg didn't want this to happen they could easily restrict new users by address, IP, etc. I doubt they're losing money, even with the coupon.

If NewEgg wanted customers using the discount multiple times, they would just give out $10 off coupons without requiring a new account.

NewEgg depends on people basically being trustworthy and honest and not scam them with multiple accounts.  IP logging would cost more money to implement and would be more invasive to their customers, and still not prevent the problem, as people would just use home/work/library/proxy/etc to circumvent the IP logging.  So they put their faith in the bulk of people being honest and having integrity.

By your argument, if someone leaves their house and doesn't lock their door, it must mean they want to get robbed.

Let me inject this in an effort if nothing else but to diffuse a conversation that cant only head South from here.  Clearly, Newegg uses the terminology of "new customers."  Though regardless of your moral stance on the issue, knowing that using a different email address will circumvent their "check" to see if you are a "new customer," those that do it would clearly have to agree that they fully understand Newegg's advertised offer thus intentions.  So, I think we can all agree on that, I'd hope anyway.  Those that know -how- to do it, know how and will do it if they want.  Wrong or right, or indifferent.  However, the discussion of actually doing it much less -how- to do it, is offensive to some. 

That said, just as we wouldn't discuss here how to avoid paying for software by circumventing "checks", or avoid paying for [insert media type here].. perhaps two birds could be killed with the single stone of, not discussing such techniques altogether.  Just an idea, certainly not meant to add to the fire brewing.

I don't recall anyone stating how to do it, but can agree with your statement. It's not as offensive as tweeting a weaner LOL, now that's selling more than ur soul.

Seriously though I do recall at least twice within a days after someone posting a deal using a new customer coupon, someone seems to find a plain coupon for anyone to use for the same amount. There by no one having to sell anything.

Let me inject this in an effort if nothing else but to diffuse a conversation that cant only head South from here.  Clearly, Newegg uses the terminology of "new customers."  Though regardless of your moral stance on the issue, knowing that using a different email address will circumvent their "check" to see if you are a "new customer," those that do it would clearly have to agree that they fully understand Newegg's advertised offer thus intentions.  So, I think we can all agree on that, I'd hope anyway.  Those that know -how- to do it, know how and will do it if they want.  Wrong or right, or indifferent.  However, the discussion of actually doing it much less -how- to do it, is offensive to some. 

That said, just as we wouldn't discuss here how to avoid paying for software by circumventing "checks", or avoid paying for [insert media type here].. perhaps two birds could be killed with the single stone of, not discussing such techniques altogether.  Just an idea, certainly not meant to add to the fire brewing.

You sort of hit my stance on it.  I don't care if  that is what you choose to do or not.  My problem is when the activity of creating multiple accounts is promoted as being a "deal".  It isn't a deal anymore than me coming to your house when you aren't home and stealing your hard drive.  Hey, I got a great "deal" on it.  It was $0.

[quote author=KYThrill

You sort of hit my stance on it.  I don't care if  that is what you choose to do or not.  My problem is when the activity of creating multiple accounts is promoted as being a "deal".  It isn't a deal anymore than me coming to your house when you aren't home and stealing your hard drive.  Hey, I got a great "deal" on it.  It was $0.

Breaking into a house and stealing a hard drive is the same as using a $10 coupon?

You're being a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

You sort of hit my stance on it.  I don't care if  that is what you choose to do or not.  My problem is when the activity of creating multiple accounts is promoted as being a "deal".  It isn't a deal anymore than me coming to your house when you aren't home and stealing your hard drive.  Hey, I got a great "deal" on it.  It was $0.

Breaking into a house and stealing a hard drive is the same as using a $10 coupon?

You're being a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

He exaggerated a bit, but he made his point.   I don't think he was being ridiculous.

This forum is here to share the publicly available deals.   If it is a private coupon, and states it is not transferable, then just keep it for your own use.  

If it is a coupon code is for new customers, and you are not a new customer, use common sense.    Describing how an existing customer can circumvent the check newegg put into place to detect a new customer is not keeping in spirit with the guidelines for this forum. 

Joe L.