(solved)Windows 11 cant access Unraid Shared File

Go to solution Solved by safiedin,

Hi people.

I am new to Unraid so please bear with me. I have read some of the threads specifically on windows cant access unraid topic, and did follow some of the instruction but still failed.

I have just setup Unraid on my server yesterday, and got to play with it today. Like to test them out so i opt for trial license.

Version is 6.11.0

After everything is installed, set up a user, set up a shared folder, set it to private and assign permission to the user. (just basic setup just to test out)

My windows 11

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎29/‎9/‎2022
OS build    22621.521
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

I go to my pc and try to map network drive, but got error 0x80070043 "network name cannot be found"

I use the server name and tried to use iP address. problem persisted.

If i go to network icon, i can see the server name, and if i click on it, diplay "this folder is empty"

What i have done so far, following some of the success attempts by some people :-

1. Select Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Lanman Workstation and double click Enable insecure guest logons and set it to Enabled

2. enable SMB2 on unraid smb settings

3. Delete and adding on windows credential manager user/pas

4. enable smb1 on windows

5. change WORKGROUP to workgroup in network unraid

6. Stop array and enable everytime i made changes

7. reboot pc and unraid

Those old thread might work with WIN 10, but i am opening this thread for Windows 11 users with latest update.

I have spent several hours reading and trying, so I turn to the experts here for some guidance.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by safiedin
  • safiedin changed the title to (solved)Windows 11 cant access Unraid Shared File
  • 1 year later...
On 10/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, safiedin said:

I have solve this problem, it was a stupid mistake. i did not turn on the sharing "export" setting. for those newbies please learn from my mistake. LOL.

I want you to know that I created an account here just to reply and say this fix saved me. I was about to pull my hair out. I thought that setting was for exporting to another share