Two issues with GPU passthrough.

Sygan

Hi, 

I've set up a "main" VM with a GPU passthrough using SpaceInvader1  videos and some helpful topics here on a forum. 

But I have two issues that I haven't been able to resolve yet. I've attached my current configuration as a file. 

I also have set up the following in syslinux configuration as I'm running only one GPU in a system. 

append video=efifb:off initrd=/bzroot

1. I can't seem to get the GPU to work if I change in the xml to use the multifunction for the GPU's video and audio cards. Without the change the GPU works fine. With multifunction='on' I can see a boot screen for a moment, the Windows loading circle spins for about a second and then everything goes black. 

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
  <driver name='vfio'/>
  <source>
    <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0a' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
  </source>
  <alias name='hostdev0'/>
  <rom file='/mnt/cache/system/vbios/rtx3080.rom'/>
  <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x04' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
</hostdev>
<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
  <driver name='vfio'/>
  <source>
    <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0a' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
  </source>
  <alias name='hostdev1'/>
  <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x04' function='0x1'/>
</hostdev>

2. The second issue I have is that when the PC turns off a monitor after a while of inactivity then after some more time the GPU will not "wake up". I've put the wake up in quotes here because I've set up the PC to never go to sleep, it just turns the monitor off after 10 minutes. When I come back I can for example start a YouTube video and hear the sound of it but the screen stays black and I need to forcibly stop the VM and start it again.

Any ideas? 

vm_config.xml

Edited by Sygan