[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

54 minutes ago, jsavargas said:

It shouldn't, in my tests I always kept packages in that path and never delete anything, those lines only delete packages that end with the name _nerdtools.txz

Just tested it on my system and original files in the extra folder were deleted before the nertool packages were installed. Any info I can provide you to help with this?

before

1263805983_Screenshot2022-10-07at8_25_06am.png.d0a8875cc8b7ca91b3110a9f1767f8ff.png

after

687214658_Screenshot2022-10-07at8_25_23am.png.63d1f9013e19db6187bbf15f16ea151f.png

5 minutes ago, GMAsterAU said:

Just tested it on my system and original files in the extra folder were deleted before the nertool packages were installed. Any info I can provide you to help with this?

Thanks for the test... dont need to do it.... then...

waiting for the answer from maintainer now

Edited by ZappyZap
10 minutes ago, jsavargas said:

I have found where it performed that action, we will correct it

Thanks a lot

I also tested that, this do not happen when you restart the server. Meaning that, once you install Nerdtools the packages will be deleted but, if you upload the packages files AFTER you installed packages will remain even if you restart the server.

Edited by Juanzilla
18 hours ago, EUGENI_CAT said:

For example the package installation now takes advantage of the benefits of UnRAID 6.11 and install packages in the path /boot/extra and delegating part of the management to the system itself.

How is order of installation handled with the built in /boot/extra part? Will it prevent downgrades of versions or does it force installations regardless of version checks?

13 hours ago, BRiT said:

How is order of installation handled with the built in /boot/extra part? Will it prevent downgrades of versions or does it force installations regardless of version checks?

If you downgrade a version, but in the /boot/extra folder handles a newer version, it won't install it, but it will download it anyway and when you reboot, if you have both versions, the newer one will be installed

If you have a newer version of a package in /boot/extra, you should not select to activate the package in the plugin and keep the newer version in /boot/extra

Edited by jsavargas
15 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Can iftop and ipmitool be added?

3 hours ago, sreknob said:

Requesting ddrescue! Thanks for this!

15 hours ago, Diondk said:

Thank you for getting this back to unraid!

Hopefully bluez will be added to the package also!

Thanks again and great work!!

we will add them soon

• Thanks 4

Echoing what others have said, thanks for putting this together. A sizeable portion of the community depended on the successor for easy install/update of those.

Going to add my own plug for lftp to be added (I know you're working on getting everything moved over).

I see that fix common problems flags that I have lftp manually added to the extras folder, is it going to freak out when nerdtools does the same?

4 hours ago, Skrumpy said:

Echoing what others have said, thanks for putting this together. A sizeable portion of the community depended on the successor for easy install/update of those.

Going to add my own plug for lftp to be added (I know you're working on getting everything moved over).

I see that fix common problems flags that I have lftp manually added to the extras folder, is it going to freak out when nerdtools does the same?

We are working so that it can recognize when a package is previously downloaded, for now it notifies you that it is downloaded, but allows you to download it again, in future versions we will improve that experience