[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

6 minutes ago, MarbleComa said:

Has anyone else had this issue where NerdTools is stuck on Pending? @dhstsw How did you get it to install? Mine is stuck on Pending

There's a bug in 6.11.x where under certain circumstances a file is not getting deleted that handles the "Pending" status.

Assuming that when you did attempt an install originally the DONE button did appear (not the CLOSE button), then your resolution is either to reboot or from a command prompt

rm /tmp/plugins/pluginPending/*

@bonienl ^^^

2 hours ago, Squid said:

There's a bug in 6.11.x where under certain circumstances a file is not getting deleted that handles the "Pending" status.

Assuming that when you did attempt an install originally the DONE button did appear (not the CLOSE button), then your resolution is either to reboot or from a command prompt

rm /tmp/plugins/pluginPending/*

@bonienl ^^^

That error corresponds to?  To the plugin itself or to the way they are installed?  I'll see if I can replicate the error

The plugin script is supposed to delete the file within /tmp/plugins/pluginPending when the installation is finished no matter what, and there are certain circumstances where it won't -> anecdotally it seems to be if the .txz will not download for one reason or another (GitHub issue?)

Without it deleting the file, you can't install it or do anything within either CA or the plugin tab related to that plugin short of manually deleting it or rebooting.  Not your issue.  While I don't quickly see why a failed txz download would cause it, I can come up with a number of other ways that the file does remain.

21 minutes ago, Jason Marotta said:

Requesting the Perl package to get the temp sensors and fan controls working with Dynamix plugin.

Sorry, but do you even read this thread or the changelog from Unraid, or even tried if Perl is already installed? :D

Perl is included in Unraid since 6.11.0

BTW you don't need Perl to run the Systemp Plugin, it is only needed once when you configure the sensors, after that it is safe to remove it... ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for putting all of this together! 

Please consider adding pigz. Saves so much processing time when compared to gzip! 

***I just noticed (as of 10.24.22) that pigz is now included in the listing. Thank you so much! 

Edited by tum
plugin status updated
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, but do you even read this thread or the changelog from Unraid, or even tried if Perl is already installed? :D

Perl is included in Unraid since 6.11.0

BTW you don't need Perl to run the Systemp Plugin, it is only needed once when you configure the sensors, after that it is safe to remove it... ;)

My bad, didn't see the notes on 6.11. Noob who just installed the latest build.  Thanks for pointing me at configuring Systemp , already had it installed, but was following a tutorial from earlier 2022.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
On 10/12/2022 at 9:16 PM, Zyrr3 said:

Any chance of adding rar2fs ?

Seconded!

I had to manually install rar2fs and the old dependency on rar 5.8.5 from the nerdpack repository to get my jellyfin instance up and running again :P

Its great having a new alternative though!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1