[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

On 10/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, ehawman said:

Finally, let me link the contents of the (IMO) excellent Modern Unix list,

Unraid isn't intended to be your daily driver, it's supposed to be an appliance that hosts stuff.

You should be setting up a VM to be your daily driver, and keep the Unraid space light, since it runs completely in RAM.

I get that everyone uses Unraid a little differently, and there are needs for customizable extras, but throwing the modern unix book at it is the wrong approach IMHO. You should be focusing on REMOVING as much as possible, and only leaving stuff that needs to be there to allow the box to run itself to the greatest extent possible. You shouldn't need to be working at the Unraid console, it's insecure since everything is root. Automate everything you can and lock it down.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, drumstyx said:

Does this happen to have tools that used to be included in the old devpack plugin? Awesome to have an equivalent for nerdpack, but devpack was also indispensable for some uses! Seems to be a VERY similar codebase, so likely not a difficult port, if you're up for it!

Effectively this is a fork of the old one, with several improvements and with the updated packages, we will add the most used packages by the community little by little as they are requested and updated.

Thanks for bringing this back! I installed my old packages, but couldn't some libs. This leads to the following error:

# nload
Error opening terminal: xterm-256color.

ncurses-term would fix this. Can it be added? utempter was also involved in this, I'm not sure however if I'd actually need it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JoeUnraidUser said:

However, there are things lacking.  Many tasks are not addressed by the server and need to be taken care of using utilities and scripts.

Specific examples would be useful for future development efforts and prioritization. Not everyone is a mind reader to know what's needed or wanted.

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I can't remove some plugins. When I go to remove a plugin, such as powertop or sshfs I get this when I hit apply:

powertop-2.13 used by plugin: NerdTools
powertop-2.13 in use by another plugin, not uninstalled.

sshfs-3.7.2 used by plugin: NerdTools
sshfs-3.7.2 in use by another plugin, not uninstalled.

Both plugins still show as installed. This doesn't happen with all packages, it doesn't with Screen for example. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Edit: I managed to manually remove those packages using removepkg. Will there be any leftovers I need to remove, or does 'removepkg' generally remove everything?

Edited by chrisjwalker
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, MustardTiger said:

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I can't remove some plugins. When I go to remove a plugin, such as powertop or sshfs I get this when I hit apply:

powertop-2.13 used by plugin: NerdTools
powertop-2.13 in use by another plugin, not uninstalled.

sshfs-3.7.2 used by plugin: NerdTools
sshfs-3.7.2 in use by another plugin, not uninstalled.

Both plugins still show as installed. This doesn't happen with all packages, it doesn't with Screen for example. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Edit: I managed to manually remove those packages using removepkg. Will there be any leftovers I need to remove, or does 'removepkg' generally remove everything?

We are going to review a specific case because it is not removed, thanks.

The removepkg command removes everything related to that package

• Like 1
On 10/28/2022 at 12:15 AM, Timi said:

Thanks for bringing this back! I installed my old packages, but couldn't some libs. This leads to the following error:

# nload
Error opening terminal: xterm-256color.

ncurses-term would fix this. Can it be added? utempter was also involved in this, I'm not sure however if I'd actually need it.

We will check if those packages are dependencies and if they are, we will add them

Does Borg backup work for anyone?

root@Tower:~# borg -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .archive import Archive, ArchiveChecker, ArchiveRecreater, Statistics, is_special
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archive.py", line 20, in <module>
    from . import xattr
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/xattr.py", line 9, in <module>
    from ctypes import CDLL, create_string_buffer, c_ssize_t, c_size_t, c_char_p, c_int, c_uint32, get_errno
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like we need libffi.so.7. unraid  6.11.0 has libffi included but it's libffi.so.8

root@Tower:~# ldconfig -p |  grep ffi
        libffi.so.8 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so.8
        libffi.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so

Edited by ziggie216

Hi guys, I have a problem: since yesterday I can no longer install anything from the "nerd pack" .. when I go to settings-nerdpack- I find this writing: "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ..." forever ..

I attach screenshot . What can I do? I tried to delete and reinstall nerdpack .. but nothing to do ..
Thanks for your help

Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 11.47.00.png

7 hours ago, ziggie216 said:

Does Borg backup work for anyone?

root@Tower:~# borg -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .archive import Archive, ArchiveChecker, ArchiveRecreater, Statistics, is_special
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archive.py", line 20, in <module>
    from . import xattr
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/xattr.py", line 9, in <module>
    from ctypes import CDLL, create_string_buffer, c_ssize_t, c_size_t, c_char_p, c_int, c_uint32, get_errno
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like we need libffi.so.7. unraid  6.11.0 has libffi included but it's libffi.so.8

root@Tower:~# ldconfig -p |  grep ffi
        libffi.so.8 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so.8
        libffi.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so

I will be following this. I have been putting off updating to 6.11 because I rely on borg backups.

1 hour ago, steppi said:

Hi guys, I have a problem: since yesterday I can no longer install anything from the "nerd pack" .. when I go to settings-nerdpack- I find this writing: "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ..." forever ..

I attach screenshot . What can I do? I tried to delete and reinstall nerdpack .. but nothing to do ..
Thanks for your help

Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 11.47.00.png

Nerdpack is no longer compatible with version 6.11 of unraid, you have to install this new version called nerdtools

• Like 1