[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

On 11/6/2022 at 4:50 AM, ziggie216 said:

Does Borg backup work for anyone?

root@Tower:~# borg -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .archive import Archive, ArchiveChecker, ArchiveRecreater, Statistics, is_special
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archive.py", line 20, in <module>
    from . import xattr
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/xattr.py", line 9, in <module>
    from ctypes import CDLL, create_string_buffer, c_ssize_t, c_size_t, c_char_p, c_int, c_uint32, get_errno
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like we need libffi.so.7. unraid  6.11.0 has libffi included but it's libffi.so.8

root@Tower:~# ldconfig -p |  grep ffi
        libffi.so.8 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so.8
        libffi.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so

I am also having the same problem with borgbackup and libffi.so.7 and will follow here, too, as borgbackup is very important for me as well.

28 minutes ago, aim60 said:

I wouldn't expect NerdTools to include every package that the community wants to run.  What is the effect of using NerdTools for some packages and manually adding others to /boot/extra?

Well, borgbackup is included and does not need to be included. It was also included in NerdPack.

But now it does not work anymore. I think that is a different topic then. ;-)

1 hour ago, jsavargas said:

I have installed this version, and nothing else, do you have updated nerdtools?

SmartSelect_20221107-135435_Chrome.jpg

I run 6.11.2 since today. NerdTools ist the most current version from November 1st.

Yesterday borgbackup still worked on 6.11.1 - maybe there was also another dependency which supplied libffi.so.7 here, too?

1 hour ago, Roi said:

I run 6.11.2 since today. NerdTools ist the most current version from November 1st.

Yesterday borgbackup still worked on 6.11.1 - maybe there was also another dependency which supplied libffi.so.7 here, too?

Has it stopped working after upgrading to 6.11.2?

1 hour ago, jsavargas said:

Has it stopped working after upgrading to 6.11.2?

I can confirm that something changed after the update.

I am not using borgbackup but rely on other scripts using libffi.so.7. Since I updated 2 hours ago, I get the following error

ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

1 hour ago, BBenja said:

I am not using borgbackup but rely on other scripts using libffi.so.7. Since I updated 2 hours ago, I get the following error

Maybe they updated libffi.so

I'll update tonight and try

5 hours ago, BBenja said:

I have the same problem too. libffi.so.7 is not there since updating to unraid 6.11.2.

I am not sure if there is a newer version of borg with libffi. It would be nice if there was the libffi package included in the NerdTools, as it is one of the dependency of the tool provided there.

This is on unraid 6.11.2

I fixed this by doing the following and then borg runs without errors on mine.

Probably not the proper way to do it and have not tested after a reboot.

Download the libffi v3.3 from here on another Linux PC, I used Linux Mint 21: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases

Direct link: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases/download/v3.3/libffi-3.3.tar.gz

Extract and then open a terminal in the extracted directory then type:

./configure

make

There should then be a libffi.so.7.1.0 in libffi-3.3/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/.libs directory

Rename this to libffi.so.7

Then copy across to /usr/lib64/libffi.so.7 on unraid and run borg

Hope that helps until it is fixed properly

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, neupsh said:

I have the same problem too. libffi.so.7 is not there since updating to unraid 6.11.2.

I am not sure if there is a newer version of borg with libffi. It would be nice if there was the libffi package included in the NerdTools, as it is one of the dependency of the tool provided there.

exactly, it is a problem with the update to 6.11.2, I just updated and it has stopped working

image.png.8a716956b812fceb706acbb1eeba219f.png

17 hours ago, dtg said:

This is on unraid 6.11.2

I fixed this by doing the following and then borg runs without errors on mine.

Probably not the proper way to do it and have not tested after a reboot.

Download the libffi v3.3 from here on another Linux PC, I used Linux Mint 21: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases

Direct link: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases/download/v3.3/libffi-3.3.tar.gz

Extract and then open a terminal in the extracted directory then type:

./configure

make

There should then be a libffi.so.7.1.0 in libffi-3.3/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/.libs directory

Rename this to libffi.so.7

Then copy across to /usr/lib64/libffi.so.7 on unraid and run borg

Hope that helps until it is fixed properly

thanks! this will at least let me run back up for awhile until next reboot / libffi is included in nerd tool... now next problem... no c complier lol, oh boy.. and looks like devpack gui hasn't been updated for a year.

edit: oooh compile it on another distro... will try

Edited by ziggie216

Issue starting iotop

Thank you in advance for support!

# iotop libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory To run an uninstalled copy of iotop, launch iotop.py in the top directory

# ls -l /usr/lib64/libffi* 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so -> libffi.so.8.1.2* 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so.8 -> libffi.so.8.1.2* 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43432 Oct 24 20:38 libffi.so.8.1.2*

iotop-0.6-x86_64-2_SBo.txz  >> up-to-date

latest NerdTools 2022.11.01

• Upvote 3