[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

On 11/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, ptirmal said:

Is there something else you need to do to have it installed on boot? I have done this and it doesn't get installed on boot. I have to manually install the package. 

Nerd Tools skips the install because a newer version of libffi is already installed.

Create a script with the User Scripts plugin and put the following in the script:

#!/bin/bash

installpkg /boot/extra/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

Now schedule the script to run "At first array start only".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Since I can't wait to long for bluez to be added, I've gone the manual route as has been described in the NerdPack thread.

It basically comes down to the following:

wget -P /boot/extra https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/slackware64/n/bluez-5.63-x86_64-2.txz

and running:

installpkg bluez-5.63-x86_64-2.txz

That obviously goes for any library that hasn't been added yet.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Adeon said:

Nerd Tools skips the install because a newer version of libffi is already installed.

Create a script with the User Scripts plugin and put the following in the script:

#!/bin/bash

installpkg /boot/extra/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

Now schedule the script to run "At first array start only".

That's what I've been doing but wasn't aware that's why it isn't installed. Good to know.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:41 AM, itskvn said:

Since I can't wait to long for bluez to be added, I've gone the manual route as has been described in the NerdPack thread.

It basically comes down to the following:

wget -P /boot/extra https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/slackware64/n/bluez-5.63-x86_64-2.txz

and running:

installpkg bluez-5.63-x86_64-2.txz

That obviously goes for any library that hasn't been added yet.

I noticed that every second a new line was being written to my /var/log/syslog, so I upgraded the above package to a newer version and the log issue went away. If anyone runs into that, I upgraded to this package:

https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/patches/packages/bluez-5.64-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz

I installed it using the following:

upgradepkg --install-new bluez-5.64-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz
Edited by itskvn

I wrote down what NerdPack had installed prior to uninstalling and then installing NerdTools. Everything that NerdPack had installed is not listed on NerdTools. Should I assume all of these things are built into unRAID now?

I didn't write down the entire name of the package, but here is what I had:

• sysstat
  • perl
  • mcelog
  • kbd
  • iperf (I see from the pinned comment that this is included with unRAID)

Thanks!

UPDATE: Okay, I see from the 6.11 release notes that all but the kbd package is included. Maybe I wrote that one down wrong?

Edited by Mattaton
Updating with more info

An alternative for iotop until it is fixed is to install psutil at 

https://slackware.pkgs.org/current/cinnamon-x86_64/psutil-5.9.4-x86_64-1_csb.txz.html

placing it in /boot/extras. Then

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/giampaolo/psutil/master/scripts/iotop.py 

and store it either persistently or write a bash script on first array startup to download it. It is a clone of iotop using psutil. Then run it via `python3 iotop.py` or write a bash alias to run it. 

updated from 6.9.2 to 6.11.5 and now in a screen session i have to run "export TERM=linux" for many commands to be able run. Without the export command i get "Error opening terminal: vt100." that some commands throw (nload for example).

Also screen -r partial_session_name tab complete completes a file name from current dir instead of session number or name.

Is this an issue with version/config of screen in nerdtools or 6.11 bug to report? Nerdpack had screen 4.7.0 (according to my backup at least), and the version installed with nerdtools is running as 4.9.0

Anyone know why when trying to use Borg installed via the plugin (along with other dependencies) I get the following error:

root@Tower:~# borg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .archive import Archive, ArchiveChecker, ArchiveRecreater, Statistics, is_special
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archive.py", line 20, in <module>
    from . import xattr
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/xattr.py", line 9, in <module>
    from ctypes import CDLL, create_string_buffer, c_ssize_t, c_size_t, c_char_p, c_int, c_uint32, get_errno
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory