[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

Ok I'm probably just being stupid, but is there a way to preserve config files after a reboot?

Specifically, I installed rsnapshot through the plugin but after a reboot the config file in /etc/rsnapshot.conf is reset to its default. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

16 hours ago, d0rh4ns said:

Ok I'm probably just being stupid, but is there a way to preserve config files after a reboot?

Specifically, I installed rsnapshot through the plugin but after a reboot the config file in /etc/rsnapshot.conf is reset to its default. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Anything under /etc is only in RAM and as you found does not survive a reboot.  You would have to put a copy of the config folder onto permanent storage (typically the flash drive) and then move into position during the boot sequence using either an entry in the config/go file on the flash drive or by using the User Scripts plugin.

• Like 1

Thank you! I knew there had to be a simple solution for this!

Also, if anyone else finds this, in the specific case of rsnapshot you can also specify a config file to use with the -c option so I just point it to a permanent file now :) Hadn't seen this option before.

Thanks again, itimpi!

On 2/26/2023 at 3:35 AM, jsavargas said:

This is solved, close all tmux windows, add that line to the .tmux.conf file and open it again and it works mc

echo "set -g default-terminal 'linux'" >> .tmux.conf

image.png.bbf775a107d0be0ab7fe7ed4155b23bb.png

I do not understand this fix....

I log into the server and there is no ./.config and not ./.config/.tmux.conf

this works now... but when I reboot the file has gone?

Also.. dose anyone know where the MC config is located and how I can edit that?

On 2/25/2023 at 11:35 AM, jsavargas said:

This is solved, close all tmux windows, add that line to the .tmux.conf file and open it again and it works mc

echo "set -g default-terminal 'linux'" >> .tmux.conf

image.png.bbf775a107d0be0ab7fe7ed4155b23bb.png

This is only a temporary solution. Do you have a better way to handle this, or is it your recommendation to add this

echo "set -g default-terminal 'linux'" >> /root/.tmux.conf 

to a user script set to run at array start or the go file?

Because it definitely doesn't survive a reboot when the file is written only to RAM.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, Naticus said:

First, thanks for all the work you're doing on this!  I thought it was just my install of NerdPack that was broken until I found this package.

Second, one tool I am really missing from NerdPack is ctop, found here:

https://github.com/bcicen/ctop

Thanks again!

Thanks for creating a quick replacement for NerdPack! I second ctop, great little program to keep Docker containers in check.

Any chance Python can be updated to mainstream 3.11 since it has a ton of speed improvements among other things.  Also, Python 3.12 will be available Oct. 2023 with another set of speed improvements so I'll likely request that be targeted as well when that time comes.  Thanks for this plugin.  I use it with local Docker containers for automatons requiring Python.

I may migrate to Automation Studio in the future, but for now I'm loving how this adds value.

Are you seeing nerdtools itself or packages that you installed in nerdtools and thus have it in the name? Removing the plugin won't remove what you installed with it. If you didn't uninstall them first they'll still be in /boot/extra. You can remove them from there manually.