[PLUG-IN] NerdTools


Recommended Posts

On 11/6/2022 at 4:50 AM, ziggie216 said:

Does Borg backup work for anyone?

 

[email protected]:~# borg -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .archive import Archive, ArchiveChecker, ArchiveRecreater, Statistics, is_special
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/archive.py", line 20, in <module>
    from . import xattr
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/borg/xattr.py", line 9, in <module>
    from ctypes import CDLL, create_string_buffer, c_ssize_t, c_size_t, c_char_p, c_int, c_uint32, get_errno
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

Looks like we need libffi.so.7. unraid  6.11.0 has libffi included but it's libffi.so.8

 

[email protected]:~# ldconfig -p |  grep ffi
        libffi.so.8 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so.8
        libffi.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libffi.so

I am also having the same problem with borgbackup and libffi.so.7 and will follow here, too, as borgbackup is very important for me as well.

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, aim60 said:

I wouldn't expect NerdTools to include every package that the community wants to run.  What is the effect of using NerdTools for some packages and manually adding others to /boot/extra?

Well, borgbackup is included and does not need to be included. It was also included in NerdPack.

 

But now it does not work anymore. I think that is a different topic then. ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, jsavargas said:

 

I have installed this version, and nothing else, do you have updated nerdtools?

SmartSelect_20221107-135435_Chrome.jpg

I run 6.11.2 since today. NerdTools ist the most current version from November 1st.

 

Yesterday borgbackup still worked on 6.11.1 - maybe there was also another dependency which supplied libffi.so.7 here, too?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, jsavargas said:

 

Has it stopped working after upgrading to 6.11.2?

 

 

I can confirm that something changed after the update.

I am not using borgbackup but rely on other scripts using libffi.so.7. Since I updated 2 hours ago, I get the following error

ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BBenja said:

 

I can confirm that something changed after the update.

I am not using borgbackup but rely on other scripts using libffi.so.7. Since I updated 2 hours ago, I get the following error

ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

 

Maybe they updated libffi.so

I'll update tonight and try

Link to comment
5 hours ago, BBenja said:

 

I can confirm that something changed after the update.

I am not using borgbackup but rely on other scripts using libffi.so.7. Since I updated 2 hours ago, I get the following error

ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

 

I have the same problem too. libffi.so.7 is not there since updating to unraid 6.11.2.

 

I am not sure if there is a newer version of borg with libffi. It would be nice if there was the libffi package included in the NerdTools, as it is one of the dependency of the tool provided there.

 

Link to comment

This is on unraid 6.11.2

 

I fixed this by doing the following and then borg runs without errors on mine.

Probably not the proper way to do it and have not tested after a reboot.

 

Download the libffi v3.3 from here on another Linux PC, I used Linux Mint 21: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases

 

Direct link: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases/download/v3.3/libffi-3.3.tar.gz

 

Extract and then open a terminal in the extracted directory then type:

 

./configure

make

 

There should then be a libffi.so.7.1.0 in libffi-3.3/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/.libs directory

 

Rename this to libffi.so.7

 

Then copy across to /usr/lib64/libffi.so.7 on unraid and run borg

 

Hope that helps until it is fixed properly

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, neupsh said:

 

I have the same problem too. libffi.so.7 is not there since updating to unraid 6.11.2.

 

I am not sure if there is a newer version of borg with libffi. It would be nice if there was the libffi package included in the NerdTools, as it is one of the dependency of the tool provided there.

 

 

exactly, it is a problem with the update to 6.11.2, I just updated and it has stopped working

 

image.png.8a716956b812fceb706acbb1eeba219f.png

Link to comment
17 hours ago, dtg said:

This is on unraid 6.11.2

 

I fixed this by doing the following and then borg runs without errors on mine.

Probably not the proper way to do it and have not tested after a reboot.

 

Download the libffi v3.3 from here on another Linux PC, I used Linux Mint 21: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases

 

Direct link: https://github.com/libffi/libffi/releases/download/v3.3/libffi-3.3.tar.gz

 

Extract and then open a terminal in the extracted directory then type:

 

./configure

make

 

There should then be a libffi.so.7.1.0 in libffi-3.3/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/.libs directory

 

Rename this to libffi.so.7

 

Then copy across to /usr/lib64/libffi.so.7 on unraid and run borg

 

Hope that helps until it is fixed properly

 

thanks! this will at least let me run back up for awhile until next reboot / libffi is included in nerd tool... now next problem... no c complier lol, oh boy.. and looks like devpack gui hasn't been updated for a year.

 

edit: oooh compile it on another distro... will try

Edited by ziggie216
Link to comment

Issue starting iotop

 

Thank you in advance for support!
 

# iotop libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory To run an uninstalled copy of iotop, launch iotop.py in the top directory

 

# ls -l /usr/lib64/libffi* 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so -> libffi.so.8.1.2* 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so.8 -> libffi.so.8.1.2* 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43432 Oct 24 20:38 libffi.so.8.1.2*

 

iotop-0.6-x86_64-2_SBo.txz  >> up-to-date

 

latest NerdTools 2022.11.01

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.