Unraid OS version 6.11.1 available

Certainly the new integration of the VirtioFS is exciting. I upgraded to 6.11.1 with no problems. I got VirtioFS working on a windows 10  vm . I get an unexpected result - I can read all the data I want from the share, I can delete anything I want, I can create folders.....but I can't create files. I tried this on a BTRFS and XFS filesystem. The VM user is one of the approved users for those shares (although that is likely irrelevant because this would bypass all user permissions). Where would I look to start diagnosing this?

image.png.a587799160509629c0bd8a96f1e9cba0.png

• Upvote 1

Failed upgrade for me. Everything seemed fine, now it just loops when trying to reboot and load the OS... any suggestions welcome.

Replaced the root files with the files stored in the "previous" folder to rollback and im back up. I also tried updating the bz files from the 6.11.1 download from the website with the same results with the system not loading. 

Once 6.11 was working tried to upgrade again to 6.11.1 and observed the same (failed) behavior. I am running a asrock taichi x299 with intel processor if that helps

Edited by Jhp612
5 hours ago, wildfire305 said:

Certainly the new integration of the VirtioFS is exciting. I upgraded to 6.11.1 with no problems. I got VirtioFS working on a windows 10  vm . I get an unexpected result - I can read all the data I want from the share, I can delete anything I want, I can create folders.....but I can't create files. I tried this on a BTRFS and XFS filesystem. The VM user is one of the approved users for those shares (although that is likely irrelevant because this would bypass all user permissions). Where would I look to start diagnosing this?

image.png.a587799160509629c0bd8a96f1e9cba0.png

I will look into permissions for Windows connections, Can we use this thread to post Viritiofs and Windows issues.

The poster of the thread has already found that with Windows you can only map one mapping. Fix is already in place for multiple but not released.

Looks like Windows is not as mature as Linux.

Edited by SimonF

Hello everybody,

for me, there apeared some new problems.

1. Since this update from 6.11.0, samba does not work propperly in between Win10 and unraid 6.11.1.

observated example:

-flash was not exportet... I changed to export on private... no flash drive to see... restart win explorer... no flash drive... played arround, finally with public export flash drive is visible

-changed back to private export... every thing is working with r/w access

-undo export of flash drive.... restart Win explorer... flash drive stays visible with no access/error and stays there until next start of the unraid server.

I did not test more with samba, because I do not want to know about more troubles. :) The other local network drives are accessable with little interruptions sometimes, but this is not a new behavior. All in all samba seems to be a bit more stable now. But sorry that I have to be honest, it`s still far away in compare to my qnap or syno.

2. Dynamics S3 sleep addon sometimes does not work properly anymore, it happend that the system shuts down automaticly after a little few minutes. As well when I`m logged in the UI it shuts the system down, what is configured to not to do. It looks like the settings have not been readed.

3. go file script for automatic unlock and start array does not work anymore. This allready happend on the 6.11.0 update. But somehow got fixed it self after a while. (or it was possibly a update of a addon)

4. On the main dashboard the shares menu is not expandable anymore since I did minimice it once.

All these little thingis just happend. I´m not playing arround all day until something fu..s up. Actually I`m not changing anything since it`s working for my simple usecase as a backupsystem (atm no vm`s or docker). The only silly thing I do is updating system. ;)  Now I wait for the next one.

If somebody is interessed in specific infos, please tell me what to do/upload/etc.

wish you all a happy sunday!

9 hours ago, Jhp612 said:

Failed upgrade for me. Everything seemed fine, now it just loops when trying to reboot and load the OS... any suggestions welcome.

Replaced the root files with the files stored in the "previous" folder to rollback and im back up. I also tried updating the bz files from the 6.11.1 download from the website with the same results with the system not loading. 

Once 6.11 was working tried to upgrade again to 6.11.1 and observed the same (failed) behavior. I am running a asrock taichi x299 with intel processor if that helps

You most likely already tried these suggestions, but did you run a file check / or reformat your usb drive, or even trying another usb drive?  Did you try booting into SAFE mode?  If SAFE mode works, grab the diag file.  Maybe search through the logs.  Did you check to see if asrock has a bios update for your mb?  Try turning off all dockers and VM's before upgrading.  Did you run the Fix Common and Upgrade assistant checks?

This issue comes up from time to time for some people.  Let us know what the solution was once you sort it out.

Edited by optiman
1 hour ago, sobesjm said:

I added the additional windows parts but i never see the new devices in device manager. 

Yes I think that may be outdated. as I didnt find it either. You should just need to start the service and z: drive will be mapped. I just run the virtiofs.exe for testing without a service.

After updating to 6.11.1 my Win11 VM (which ran fine just before the update) will not boot anymore, just goes into startup repair straight away. Trying to change vdisk mode to SATA doesn't help, playing with the q35 version doesn't either.

I tried to turn the VM service off and back on, but it won't turn on again saying libvirt.img is in use.

Oct  9 22:41:26 Unraid  emhttpd: shcmd (464): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img' /etc/libvirt 1
Oct  9 22:41:27 Unraid root: '/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img' is in-use, cannot mount

There is no mount for it , losetup -l hovever still shows a loop device for it, but losetup -d /dev/loop3 does nothing.

/dev/loop3         0      0         1  0 /mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img   1     512

Unfortunately can't stop array for the next 20ish hours as I'm in the middle of a parity check.

Edited by Kilrah
On 10/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, frodr said:

It's a hard drive, yes?  Wouldn't it just work?  😇 

I'm using the SATA version of the Seagate Exos X18 without any issues... this one:  https://www.seagate.com/products/enterprise-drives/exos-x/x18/

Edited by tropical b
  • SpencerJ unpinned and unfeatured this topic