4.5.1 Pro to 4.7 upgrade question

I've been running 4.5.1 Pro for over a year now and noticed 4.7 is out. I've been out of the unRAID loop for a while and know a lot changes with features, support, etc... with newer releases.

Will upgrading to 4.7 on my current version pose any issues with my existing disks, data or any other disks I plan to add in the future? The server originally built with 4.4.2 Pro, and was progressively updated to 4.5.1 when updates where available. I have iStat Server as a addon.

Thanks.

As always with these kind of upgrades, I recommend caution and some preliminary actions:

- make a backup of bzroot and bzimage renaming them with 4.5.1 for example;

- take a screenshot of the web gui or writing down which disk serial numbers belong to the different slots;

- disable all addons and scripts not necessary to Unraid core functionality (such as iStat Server);

- verify your parity.

After upgrading, check your disks health and if any appear unformatted, do NOT push format. If everything is OK, perform a parity sync. If no errors, you should be fine and you can proceed expanding functionality as before.

Usually these updates are easy, but sometimes when you are moving from a very old release you can have a problem. I'd recommend backing up your entire flash drive as a precaution.

Your data disks are safe unless you press "format" or somehow try to boot on the one early beta versions that set all MBRs to use a starting sector or 64 (making it look like it was unformatted, even though it was)

The 4.7 (nearly) final version will give you some issues if you ever had an HPA on your disks. (or if you still have one)  You'll need to remove the HPA.

Joe L.