Issue Connected to My-SQL-Server Docker Container from SSMS

Go to solution Solved by Derek,

Hi All,

Newbie here.

I've installed the docker "MY-SQL-Server" and it installed just fine, no issues.

But when I go to do the initial login I get issues of it not being seen.

Current Settings for the docker:

image.thumb.png.cf6c77d0fddcb6f7a7c7c85c85e3a6bf.png

When I then go into SMSS and enter in the server name I get an error (See below).

I've tried to browse to my network but it doesn't see it.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. I am new to running a server so it's very possible I'm missing a bunch of things, or maybe did something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Error msg

image.png.f81e9a77faf2336b848927c5fb841562.png

Just giving this question a bump. Also adding the logs from the SQL Server container in hopes that might help.

I've also noticed that on my SSMS side if I attempt to browse the local or network servers nothing shows up. 

I've attempted to to install SQL Server following the instructions from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/linux/quickstart-install-connect-docker?view=sql-server-ver15&pivots=cs1-bash but still same error as above.

I'm still very new to having a server so there could be things I'm missing. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

image.thumb.png.1b4b9a8dc0d8eb2acb222b2dba06d257.png

image.thumb.png.a3c3bab9b1571053341b7d610d540695.png

• Solution
On 10/12/2022 at 5:34 PM, dfrontiera said:

Just giving this question a bump. Also adding the logs from the SQL Server container in hopes that might help.

I've also noticed that on my SSMS side if I attempt to browse the local or network servers nothing shows up. 

I've attempted to to install SQL Server following the instructions from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/linux/quickstart-install-connect-docker?view=sql-server-ver15&pivots=cs1-bash but still same error as above.

I'm still very new to having a server so there could be things I'm missing. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

image.thumb.png.1b4b9a8dc0d8eb2acb222b2dba06d257.png

image.thumb.png.a3c3bab9b1571053341b7d610d540695.png

In Sql server management studio, make sure for a server name you use the unraid server name or IP address. You can also append ,1433 on the end of the server name to give it an extra hint to use TCP/IP to connect. For example, connecting to an ip of 192.168.0.200 you would specify: 192.168.0.200,1433

you also need to select SQL server authentication from the authentication dropdown (so that the username/password boxes become writable)

username is: sa

password is: <whatever you configured on the docker config page>

Good luck!