Unraid keeps making shares and messing up my config

24 minutes ago, christobaass said:

I have some downloaders pointing to /mnt/ssd/downloads.

However, downloads usually fail to import and then I see that unRAID created a share folder called "downloads" and it makes it impossible for Sonarr to import downloads. How can I stop this from continuing to happen? It's driving me bonkers.

All top level folders are user shares do it is expected that a share called downloads would appear.   I suspect that there is some other problem such as the permissions on the folder or files that the downloaders set.

Just now, itimpi said:

All top level folders are user shares do it is expected that a share called downloads would appear.   I suspect that there is some other problem such as the permissions on the folder or files that the downloaders set.

i've definitely been having permissions issues. i've been starting/ restarting my containers trying to figure this out, and i've had to sudo chown a few folders to allow things to work. it's still making the shared downloads folder and i'm not sure why, but sonarr is now able to import things.

1 hour ago, christobaass said:

I have some downloaders pointing to /mnt/ssd/downloads

That is the same as /mnt/user/downloads

When you create a folder on the root of any of the array drives or pools, it is a user share. That's how user shares work. If you don't want a downloads share, you will need to set up a pool only share with some other name, and put downloads inside that share, like /mnt/ssd/othersharename/downloads