[Support] devzwf - Homebox

Overview: Support for Docker image Homebox

Application Name: Homebox
Application:  https://github.com/hay-kot/homebox

Documentation: https://hay-kot.github.io/homebox/

Make sure to look at the complete documentation

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker template you have in this thread.

If you appreciate the work that goes into this app, please consider supporting the developer

Love the concept! I have been looking for a good way to hold my warranty data.

I would love to see the ability to download all assets in one table. This could be useful for insurance.

Also being able to see a table with values and totals.

Anyway... great start!

On 10/16/2022 at 7:33 PM, SavageAUS said:

Quick start guide shows that registrations can be disabled.

https://hay-kot.github.io/homebox/quick-start/

HBOX_ALLOW_REGISTRATION true allow users to register themselves

Assuming false would disallow.

Setting to false disables new registrations. If you do this from the get go, no one will ever be able to register or use the site. So don't set it to false until you have all users set up that you want on there.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, coachflip said:

@ZappyZap Can you explain more on the ImportRef String (100) when using a csv file to import into Homebox? How should that be used?

From the doc
Import Refs are unique strings that can be used to deduplicate imports. Before an item is imported, we check the database for a matching ref. If the ref exists, we skip that item.

for more info you could perhaps try their discord.
i did not use the import myself

I have the doc and I read that, but it doesn't help me when creating an import CSV file. How should they be setup in the CSV. For example if I have 4 of the same brand TV I can't use the brand or TV in there or it will take the first and skip the rest. I saw you reply to another so thought maybe it was a good place to start. I have never been on discord, maybe I need to.

2 hours ago, coachflip said:

I have the doc and I read that, but it doesn't help me when creating an import CSV file. How should they be setup in the CSV. For example if I have 4 of the same brand TV I can't use the brand or TV in there or it will take the first and skip the rest. I saw you reply to another so thought maybe it was a good place to start. I have never been on discord, maybe I need to.

did you try numbering the entry ? so they do not match ?

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Splash said:

I see there is a new version of HomeBox but UnRaid is reporting "not available" in the list of containers when checking for updates.

The repo url seems to still work....

Am I the only one with this issue?

It was suggested to install the "docker update patch" plugin which resolved the issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just stumbled upon this while looking for a way to catalog items and instructions for things around the house. Bam this serves all purposes. Thanks for adding it to community apps.

Now the question is, can everyone keep up on it so everything lives where it should and the information stays accurate...