First time changing drive, how?

I thought it would be simpler than this. I have three drives in this unraid system; two 1TB and one 1.5TB. I just bought a new 2TB and want to first change it to pe the parity but it isn't taking.

I installed the drive and booted up the machine.

Then I went to the unraid web interface and stopped the array.

Went to devices and changed the parity to the new drive.

Went back to main and started the array.

Nothing changed. While the devices page shows the parity as the new drive the main page still shows the parity as the old drive.

What did I do wrong here?

If the old drive is still online unRAID might keep trying to use it. Try pulling power at the next reboot?

dgaschk, I've seen similar behavior and so got in the don't-know-better-habit of making drive removal a special case. I'll add multiple drives at once, but if a drive is coming out it's the only thing I'll change for that boot.

OK, I shut down and rebooted without the old parity drive and now I get a blue ball on parity. Started array and now it is syncing parity on the new drive. Thanks for the help. It would be nice if the interface was a little more robust. Hopefully 5.0 will be better.

I thought it would be simpler than this. I have three drives in this unraid system; two 1TB and one 1.5TB. I just bought a new 2TB and want to first change it to pe the parity but it isn't taking.

I installed the drive and booted up the machine.

Then I went to the unraid web interface and stopped the array.

Went to devices and changed the parity to the new drive.

Went back to main and started the array.

Nothing changed. While the devices page shows the parity as the new drive the main page still shows the parity as the old drive.

What did I do wrong here?

What version of unRAId are you running?