[SOLVED] USB likely failing during update to Unraid 6.11.1

cam217
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

• cam217 changed the title to [SOLVED] USB likely failing during update to Unraid 6.11.1

I managed to make the USB stick work again late October. Then I had to go abroad for work for two weeks.

Back home, the server doesn't start so I investigate more and it seems that some sectors of the USB stick can't be read... Just ordered a new stick now.

Edited by cam217
On 10/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, JorgeB said:

Backup current /config folder and recreate the flash drive using the USB tool (with v6.11.1), if OK restore the config folder, if it also fails replace the flash drive.

Is /config really the only folder you need to backup and restore? On my flash drive I can see some potentially relevant folders like /extra (from NerdTools I think) and /private (I may have created that myself at some point).

Btw, I came here because of a similar error when trying to upgrade from 6.11.3 to 6.11.4. A second attempt upgraded without errors. Should I still consider replacing my USB stick?