Unraid server not responding after some time

O1ez
Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hello,

I have the problem that after my server is active for a few hours it stops responding on the Webserver and a SMB share I have on it. It also doesn´t respond to being pinged but the light on the usb drive is still on and the fans are also spinning. The server consists of a Ryzen 5 1400 on a MSI B450-A Pro with 16GB 3000Mhz Ram (Passed Memtest without errors) and a Radeon pro 3200. The disks are a 4TB parity disk, 1TB data disk and a generic 120GB SSD as cache.

On the server is only the SMB share at the moment. No VM, LXC or Docker container.

I can upload the logs but since I have to reboot to reach the server again I don´t have the ones from the moment it crashed and only the ones after a fresh reboot. I suspect it might have to do with some sleep thing of the PC but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

On 10/19/2022 at 1:58 AM, ChatNoir said:

Probably was an issue with Ryzen and linux, adjusting c-states in BIOS and making sure that RAM speed is correct generally solve the problem if that's the root cause.

You should probably start you own thread and attach your diagnostics.

Hi,

I'm on a intel setup. i7-6700k.

I went back to 6.9.2 and my server is ok now

Edited by Olick