Unraid Community Rockstars: spxlabs

While uncommon, other side effects from donations may include, donations to other content creators, a yearly subscription to Discord, monetary contributions to other open source projects, and while incredibly rare death. Please speak with a financial advisor before contributing as these side effects may occur.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SPX labs is without a doubt one of the top organic search sites when I am looking for server knowhow. I have referred what feels like a hundred times to his work when someone gets a dell 12th generation server and then says "its loud", yeah he has the fix for that. https://www.spxlabs.com/blog/2019/3/16/silence-your-dell-poweredge-server < incase YOU need that fix. I didnt know he had a youtube channel until fairly recently but have subbed and enjoy it a lot. Keep up the good work man!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:29 AM, jollymonsa said:

SPX labs is without a doubt one of the top organic search sites when I am looking for server knowhow. I have referred what feels like a hundred times to his work when someone gets a dell 12th generation server and then says "its loud", yeah he has the fix for that. https://www.spxlabs.com/blog/2019/3/16/silence-your-dell-poweredge-server < incase YOU need that fix. I didnt know he had a youtube channel until fairly recently but have subbed and enjoy it a lot. Keep up the good work man!

That is the most visited page on my website of all time, nothing else is even remotely close.  I'm very glad that it is helpful for so many people.  It's just too bad Dell has taken away that function from us.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Hoopster said:

My favorite SPX Labs tutorial/video is backing up one unRAID server to another via LuckyBackup.

Even though I don't use this method (already had it setup via scripts), I have seen a lot of new unRAID users asking for something like this (especially with some sort of GUI) so I imagine this is a very useful tutorial.

This video almost didn't make it.  I was extremely frustrated with the setup and container.  Especially since I discovered some bugs with it.  I'm glad it was highly successful in the end.  Without @ich777 the video definitely would not have existed.  So kudos to him!

Command Line is so much easier though lol.  The GUI stuff is extra steps for sure.

Edited by spxlabs
Extra context was needed.