plugin to measure kilowatt-hours (kWh) that a unRAID server consumes

moose

Does anyone know if a plugin exists (or docker container exists) that can measure the kilowatt-hours (kWh) that a unRAID server consumes?  This would be helpful to measure average cost to operate over various periods (hour, day, week, month, year, custom).  In unRAID "Settings/UPS Settings" I see a LOADPCT variable that is dynamically being measured and updated ~ every few seconds.  I think if this was recorded with respect to time and calibrated with my known UPS capacity, kilowatt-hours could be calculated for user defined time intervals.  Users could input their cost per kWh and have a good estimate of what it costs them to operate their unRAID server.

I think you can buy a third party device for this but why not make it free for all in unRAID?

If I knew how to develop this I would try.  Anyone know if something already exists or how someone could create this?

Edited by moose

Some of the Grafana based Dashboards do exactly that. For example the Ultimate Unraid dashboard (or something like that name, just google it ;) ) tries to calculate that.

My UPS powers more than just my server so I found that those calculations are a bit off. But if you only run your unraid server off your ups it should work.

i was curious so I double checked it with a kill a watt :)