Appdata deleted

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello everyone. I've been building this Unraid server for about a month now. New to unraid, had various Synlogy servers throughout the years.

A Dell R730XD with 2 Xeon CPUS, 192GB ram

80GB of storage, 1x 500GB SSD cache

I've added everything to the server, Plex was working fine for the 1st day. This morning I got multiple errors when trying to watch a show, looked at the server and the Cache drive is full despite Mover running at 0100 just 5 hours or so before.

So I went to shared folders and started changing shares cache utilization to "No" instead of prefered

When I changed appdata share to No and saved, the entire folder deleted along with my VMs and backups folders.

How can I fix or undo this?

What do you recommend the cache drive be for and it not fill up in a few hours?

There is still the 18TB or so of data on the drives, I just can't see or access the data.

• Solution
3 minutes ago, RangerBarlow said:

So I went to shared folders and started changing shares cache utilization to "No" instead of prefered

Prefer means you WANT the files to end up on the cache.    You need to use Yes if you want them to be moved to the array.    Changing to No stops new files being written to cache but any existing files are left there.

5 minutes ago, RangerBarlow said:

When I changed appdata share to No and saved, the entire folder deleted along with my VMs and backups folders.

Doing this will not affect existing files.   If the files really are deleted then you must have done something else to cause this.

At this point I would suggest rebooting in case you cannot see the shares because something has crashed and if so rebooting would bring them back.

if there is still a problem you are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread.

• Thanks 1