Please help!!! a disk failed during the rebuild of another disk

Hello to everyone,

I have unraid 4.7 pro

Yesterday I followed the jumbered /unjumbered drive topic

and decided to apply the 4k alignment to an AF drive... (I will referring to this disk as md1)

So I followed the instructions, but after few hours of rebuilding the drive, I didn't have any access to unraid, not only the web-interface but also telnet and even local access through terminal.

well sometimes I managed to connect locally but I had to type username and password 10 times or more...

and on the 3rd or 4th command I used in the shell it kept loging me out...

Anyway I could see that the disks were still working so I decided to leave it finish (the rebuilt)

I could see the status of rebuild with the command: grep -a Resync /proc/mdcmd (when I was able to login)

when it finished I tried to copy the syslog but I didn't manage to copy it complete. When I use the command cp /var/syslog "to somewhere" it return killed and logged me off again

The only parts of the syslog I could save I put them in the attached file rebult_notlogin.txt

As it seems from this file/syslog another Hard disk failed (md4) during the rebuild of md1.

Now after a reboot the md1 disk have only some files(which I don't care because I have kept a backup of this disk before proceeding with the 4k alignment) and md4 on the main screen of unraid looks like unformatted. :( :( :(

I just had a run of reiserfsck on md4 which you can see the result in the last syslog file syslog-2011-06-27

in the same file I get errors also in md1 disk

the disk that failed (md4) also has 2 reallocated sectors (from SMART report)

I would like to know what to do next...

thank you,

Nick

rebuilt_notlogin.zip

syslog-2011-06-27.zip