Need super urgent help regarding Ubuntu VM

Hello guys

I think I broke up my VM with very important information on it.

Please help me - I will pay to someone if you can fix it...

What was the issue:

It is a Ubuntu VM which I used for web server and email server.

I reached 97% disk space so I tried to increase the disk size but it didn't allocate.

Since the VM wasnt with Desktop GUI I tried to install Ubuntu desktop but first I installed slim. I installed Slim successfully and then started installing ubuntu desktop. It says it requires around 1800mb so I made quick calculations and I saw that I have them but its on the edge. Seems like I was very wrong... :(- it showed some kind of error, I don't know what it was and I don't remember. So I rebooted the VM and now it is, as seen in the VNC:

"A stop job is running for Advanced key-value store (5min 22s / no limit)"

I don't know what to do. The websites aren't accessible. Says error establishing database connection etc etc.

EDIT: I logged into the terminal. Don't know what to do to fix it.

31 minutes ago, Rocka374 said:

Hello guys

I think I broke up my VM with very important information on it.

Please help me - I will pay to someone if you can fix it...

What was the issue:

It is a Ubuntu VM which I used for web server and email server.

I reached 97% disk space so I tried to increase the disk size but it didn't allocate.

Since the VM wasnt with Desktop GUI I tried to install Ubuntu desktop but first I installed slim. I installed Slim successfully and then started installing ubuntu desktop. It says it requires around 1800mb so I made quick calculations and I saw that I have them but its on the edge. Seems like I was very wrong... :(- it showed some kind of error, I don't know what it was and I don't remember. So I rebooted the VM and now it is, as seen in the VNC:

"A stop job is running for Advanced key-value store (5min 22s / no limit)"

I don't know what to do. The websites aren't accessible. Says error establishing database connection etc etc.

EDIT: I logged into the terminal. Don't know what to do to fix it.

EDIT 2: I can fix broken install but it says that I don't have enough free spaces.

If it's running on a vdisk:

0. Shutdown the vm

1. Copy and backup the vdisk image somewhere

2. from unraid terminal, increase the space of the vdisk (in this example, +10 Giga):

2a. If it's a qcow2 image:

qemu-img resize /path/to/vdisk.qcow2 10G

2b. if it's a raw image:

qemu-img resize -f raw /path/to/vdisk.img 10G

3. Download gparted live iso:

https://downloads.sourceforge.net/gparted/gparted-live-1.4.0-5-amd64.iso

4. Create a new vm booting the iso you downloaded, add the vdisk you resized as a secondary sata disk to this vm

5. Once booted in gparted it should detect the vdisk and you should see unallocated 10 Giga space

6. merge unallocated space to the partition that needs space (search google/youtube if you need step by step instructions about gparted, but it's quite straightforward)

7. shutdown the gparted vm and start your original vm with the vdisk resized and with allocated space

Edited by ghost82
  • Thanks 1

Okay, seems like I managed to increase the size and the websites are back online and I did full backup via duplicator plugin of the sites and their database. In case I can't further fix the VM, I will spend 1-2 days create a new and transfering the sites. However, I prefer to fix it somehow...

I receive curl (6) error now:

1. Can't send emails, the error is: " ... "delay_reason":"Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=...". However, I receive emails.

2. Jetpack / Google site kit plugins both show curl (6) errors in the dashboards of any of the wordpress sites.

3. None of the wordpress sites can load the default plugin library where I can search and install plugins from.

4. When trying to issue new certificate to any of the domains it says it cannot communicate with the server.

5. When trying sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade commands it gives errors: "Failed to fetch .... Temporary failure resolving ..."

Seems like the server can't communicate with external URLs or something? I don't know.

Any ideas?

Edited by Rocka374