6.11.1 WebGUI errors

Good afternoon,

Been a few times getting something similar where the webgui errors out until I reboot the server (at this point cant go a day without having to reboot the server, and I just have it on, doing nothing..)

This is the current one, and the worst so far. I click through the dashboard, main, shares, ect and its all this. Googling has brought me to unraid support where people are told to delete smart files, but I dont know how to do that yet.

image.thumb.png.2c0a8e6aad8a3b3b3295a3f825fa2342.png

Going through the syslog file from diagnostics, started throwing these codes yesterday morning:

segfault at 0 ip 0000000000000000 sp 00007fff81442c68 error 14 in smartctl[400000+4000]

Then this morning, started throwing this or similar:

Illegal string offset 'date' in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Helpers.php on line 4

And about an hour ago started throwing these, didnt know any of this until I checked pretty recently and am unable to even log in with another browser.

php-fpm[6069]: [WARNING] [pool www] child 17047 exited on signal 6 (SIGABRT) after 11.255864 seconds from start

The second ones with the /php files is the one causing my webgui problems I think.

gigavault-diagnostics-20221027-1238.zip

I'm just glad the random internet disconnectivity stopped. (That was my main problem before today because the trial wont even allow an array to start without internet).

• 4 weeks later...

Any way to restart unraid without a hard reset (pull power plug) and wait two days for a parity check? I am getting this page with errors at the top for login screen, then the 2nd picture after logging into server this morning. Unknown where to click to shut it down..

After shutting down, and starting in safe mode to check, how long should I run it to determine plugins are the problem? It lasted almost a month until it happened again with another parity check, and a power outage in between..

Im running zero dockers or VM's. Im baredly using the server at all. I need to actually trust it before loading it up lol.

Thank you! 

image.thumb.png.14ec18a6f0c4dacda76fb33cfcced914.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------

image.thumb.png.c94d5847cf17c2c14a86c2a99811cba5.png

Pulled the plug so it would do the parity check over thanksgiving. I get back home after a few days and now legit just cannot connect via web terminal. Ideas on how to make it respond without unplugging it yet again (and waiting another 3 days for parity check, then a 3 day parity check because I have monthly checks set to go at the end of the month)?

No idea why Unraid works so well for all of you and just completely does not work for me. Ive literally done nothing but install it, set up shares, add a gig or two, some stuff  that youtube videos and guides say to install, then just back to back to back problems.

Hope you are having a better holiday lol!

Edited by RaidUnnewb
16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

See if you can get the diagnostics, if not at least get the syslog:

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

then type 'reboot' in the console.

The diagnostics are on the first post.

I cant type anything in the console because I cant login the web gui since I got back from holiday. Got a new UPS to install, but I need to pull the plug to do so... Would like to somehow turn the server off so I dont spend the next 6 days doing parity checks if possible lol. Any ideas? :)

This is what I get when I try to log in to the server:

image.png.fad4b7c56a54c2ce71735c40703b8398.png

• 4 weeks later...

So pulled the plug Thanksgiving and restarted it in safe mode. It took till today for it to mess up. Was no longer able to log in via name.local. Moved a monitor cable to it, manually typed in the IPv4 address and was able to log into it that way. Still running, but the name.local doesnt work. 
Note: Was fine earlier today, decided to check just now and couldnt. Every time in the past I even touched any network settings, it immediately stopped working.

Still dont know which commonly used plugin was creating all the bad juju up top. Would like to start adding them back if possible.

Edit: Decided to do a reboot into regular Unraid (nonsafe) now that I am able to hook up a monitor and see what it does next time it goes wonky. The IP address is the same, but now name.local works again... /shrug
Another edit: Just logged into my modem and reserved the Unraid server's IP to its current one. Hopefully this fixes that one.

Edited by RaidUnnewb
On 12/28/2022 at 12:28 PM, mathomas3 said:

I would backup your usb now... Kinda feels like it might be going bad... Have you been using this USB for a while?

Thanks. Yeah, was able to swap out plugins to get a backup created for the USB.
Fresh USB, one of the highest rated from the youtube Unraid USB showdown video. Bought specifically to run the server just a few months ago.

16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It the problem doesn't occur in safe mode it suggests a plugin issue.

Heres my plugin page. I have everything basically at stock settings until I actually start using them. Mainly set up the backup application for the USB/Appdata/ect, and currently using Preclear (damn 16tb drives take forever). Im scratching my head from the descriptions to even find something tangentially related to weird webpage errors preventing usage of Unraid through the web portal. Edit: Also using moving tuner to run a check every hour on SSD to see if its over 70% threshold.

Im not using any Dockers or VM's yet. Kinda wanna get this figured out first before relying on the server to start hosting plex/gameservers/ect. Next order of business while tracking down this problem; finish the Parity check (2 more days) from the last forced shutdown, pull the parity drive for RMA (reallocated sectors going up) and replace with the one undergoing preclear right now, then figure out how to get my UPS to send shutdown signals. Also, find out why the drive I literally just shucked today isnt being detected by Unraid whatsoever, even though the new 16tb one is (same 4port sata cable and power being used).

image.thumb.png.2e346419a017c7fc814d5cfcf8cb120c.pngimage.thumb.png.8dfa4dbea9aca1979da1aa0dad32a78f.png

Edited by RaidUnnewb

WOW... that's a load of plugins... I have been using unraid for 10y now... and I have only 2 plugins... 

something that I learned in the military is... KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... 

Take things slowly and make measurable changes... just starting out and adding all of these changes will make it hard to figure out if something is wrong... 

IMO... remove the plugins and start from near stock... and then layer on the addons... this will make it simple to figure out what broke... 

Few here will want to troubleshoot a 100 changes in a short time frame... where as if you take your time to load the array and layer in the plugins, things will be easier to troubleshoot... 

Best of luck

On 12/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, mathomas3 said:

WOW... that's a load of plugins... I have been using unraid for 10y now... and I have only 2 plugins... 

something that I learned in the military is... KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... 

Take things slowly and make measurable changes... just starting out and adding all of these changes will make it hard to figure out if something is wrong... 

IMO... remove the plugins and start from near stock... and then layer on the addons... this will make it simple to figure out what broke... 

Few here will want to troubleshoot a 100 changes in a short time frame... where as if you take your time to load the array and layer in the plugins, things will be easier to troubleshoot... 

Best of luck

Thanks, yeah... Got excited and did the Youtube search "Top X plugins for Unraid", and just followed one of the listings. Going to remove a bunch and wait and see if it helps.

Got a new one today lol: Luckily I can still hit the restart button, but the Array and Pools seem to have disappeared. Cant reach network drives in windows. Dashboard seems fine, just everything in Main is gone and cant actually use.

The warning error mentions pluging/unassigned.devices. I am going to go out on a limb and think that is the one causing all this. Dynamix was shown in my original errors... Hopefully its the Sleep one that I never used or set up. I really use the other plugins... Hmm wonder if its the Cache Directories in memory one, and my memory is throwing errors causing the problem?

image.thumb.png.73df0cfa9d216cc6c190fae29059c340.png

Some of those plugins aren't useful unless you have dockers or VMs. And you do have Docker and VM Manager enabled in Settings. Your system share has files on the array, probably because you enabled Docker and/or VM Manager before you had created the pool for those.

Earlier you said you didn't have any dockers or VMs. Is that still true?