Graphics Card not recognized inside running Windows VM

deebeo

Hi Guys,

I am currently trying to get my unraid-independent Win11 installation working also as a VM in such a way that i can boot either directly into windows OR run Windows via Unraid VM when I'm booting into unraid. So far the VM starts and I can see Windows on my Screen which is attached to the passed-through graphics card.

However Windows doesnt recognize the Graphics Card as an Nvidia 3070. The device manager only shows "Other Devices -- Videocontroller (vga compatible). Resolution is vga(ish). 

I'm thinking this has to do with missing or wrong virtio drivers. So I have mounted virtio-win-0.1.225.img inside the vm and tried searching for a new driver on the mounted driver cd... without results. What am I missing ? Which driver and how can I install it? I already ran the installer which is on the virtio cd. This gave me a working network card but still no graphics. 

Since this is an already running PC i couldnt install the drivers during windows setup.

What am I missing? Please help :)