[Support] devzwf - Speedtest-tracker

21 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

I can't seem to get to the webUI when specifying a network as "none" and specifying a specific container network as the network in extra parameters e.g.

-net=container:myvpn_container

Normally, for my other containers, I'll add the port to an allowlist for the webui and did the same for this. However when specifying a WebUI port such as 4856 or what have you the port mappings still show as 443->443 and 80->80. Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

Use-case is I want to test my speed for my VPN connection

This is the same problem I asked about in the post just above yours

22 minutes ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

This is the same problem I asked about in the post just above yours

Ah my bad, should've read more. Were you able to find a solution?

<edit> I think I got it to work by editing /speedtest-tracker/nginx/site-confs/default to whatever ports I want e.g. 4568 for "listen 4568 ssl" and then adding a port forward variable in the template to forward 4568 to 4568 and then doing the same normal process for the vpn container of allow-listing those ports. WebUI up and running now.

Edited by Ghostie

Added Server with same name not adding data to InfluxDB , opened isshue https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker/issues/469

After added second server Then no data in InfluxDB added when this server checks
was only 21197 , added 13956 .

host "speed2.hot.net.il" data for same name 'HOT' is missing in influxDB.

seems to be influxBD and not Speedtest Tracker problem but will be good to know if someone using export to influxDB with same name servers have this issue also ?!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 2:53 PM, Ghostie said:

Ah my bad, should've read more. Were you able to find a solution?

<edit> I think I got it to work by editing /speedtest-tracker/nginx/site-confs/default to whatever ports I want e.g. 4568 for "listen 4568 ssl" and then adding a port forward variable in the template to forward 4568 to 4568 and then doing the same normal process for the vpn container of allow-listing those ports. WebUI up and running now.

Where did you make that change? My appdata folder for speedtest only has the db file.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have this installed on my UNRAID since late 2022 and was working fine, did a few tests ok.
I wanted to try it out today, it is updated already to latest version 0.11.12...
When I click to queue a test, immediately get 500 error.

Any ideas?

i'm running organizr with unraid

successfully set up reverse proxy and i can access speedtest tracker no issue through organizr with reverse proxy in iframe

but i'm getting refused to connect when trying to access locally in orgaznir iframe. anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey I'll jump on github too but just curious, what's the typical amount of data these speedtests use?

I set up Unraid a few weeks ago and I've had this speedtest container running a test every 30 minutes.

I'm 975GB/1200GB of my data limit within 10 days!

Trying to track down the problem and wondering if the speedtests could be it.

• Upvote 1

How can I change the default behaviour to always show the past month? I'm not so interested about the last 24 hours.

Thanks

Also guy above you don't need a speed test every 30mins. Maybe twice a day?

I do one test every morning at 7am when the line is 'quiet' to make sure we are getting our speeds. Now we're on fibre it hardley changes but before it would randomly drop when it rains etc.

Edited by dopeytree
  • 1 month later...

Hey there!

I have an issue since v0.11.17.

v0.11.17 has been working great but once I updated to v0.11.19 and v0.11.20, I cannot connect to the WebUI.

Using Unraid > Docker Container > speed-tracker v0.11.20

When I go to WebUI, it gives me the basic browser page "Cannot connect" as if the page doesn't exist.

Network type Bridge and I tried different port mappings and nothing.

I reverted to v0.11.17 and the WebUI connects as normal.

Thank you!

speedtester.png

2 hours ago, jdmhammer said:

Just a heads up all, I've dropped SQLite as the default database. It's still supported for those using it but for new installs I'm strongly recommending MySQL/Mariadb or Postresql.

@ZappyZap can we make an update to the template with the `DB_` prefix environment variables to steer people towards using a 3rd party database?

Sure thing
let me know what is the env you want to update.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:24 PM, dopeytree said:

How can I change the default behaviour to always show the past month? I'm not so interested about the last 24 hours.

Thanks

Also guy above you don't need a speed test every 30mins. Maybe twice a day?

I do one test every morning at 7am when the line is 'quiet' to make sure we are getting our speeds. Now we're on fibre it hardley changes but before it would randomly drop when it rains etc.

Is it possible to do this? The default is 24 hours but want to see month or 6months by default.

I'm trying to add mail server settings for notifications, but I cannot find the .env file to update - does it exist? When I look in the Unraid file manager I can see a .env in the appdata folder with my db-sqlite, but if I try and download it to edit it says it does not exist. If I FTP in, only the db is seen.

I'm sure I am doing something daft, but what is it?

Thanks

Edited by Emphatic6264