Unable to create Shares in Unraid 6.11.1

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hey there. I Just bought a new pro license for unraid. Using a threadripper server pc connected to a 24bay disk shelf. I just finished creating my array and set up my parity. If any of that matters its 2 parity drives both 16TB with 18 data drives all 8TBs. the array finished with 0 issues and parity is valid. I went to create a "Share" to start backing up my data however after filling out all the boxes and clicking "add share" the unraid loading visual pops up and leads to an empty slate with no Share actually being created. When browsing online i came across a reddit user that had the same issue 3 years ago, however that wasn't resolved in that thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried restarting my Server, turning the Array on and off, and tried to create a share from my phone, because i noticed on here, there are users with a lot of issues using windows 10. I am able to connect to my server just fine on windows and on android but cant create shares on either. (also this is a User Share, not a Disk Share) I have not tried to create a disk share. Thanks for any help offered.

2 hours ago, iyiurray23 said:

I apologize, I assumed when creating the array Unraid would have formatted all the drives I selected for it. Formatting now. Thank you both for getting back to me. I will allow the parity check to complete afterword's and try to create a share. 

You can format the drives even if parity is currently being built as the parity system is unaware of whether disks are formatted or not and simply treats drives as a bunches of raw sectors whose bits are being used to build parity.   The format operation is treated just like any other write operation and parity is updated as it happens.    Once the format has completed successfully then you should be able to create shares even of parity is still being built although the parity build will adversely affect performance until it completes.