Please Check Out our Survey

limetech

Dear Unraid Community,

As we look ahead to 2023 and beyond, all of us at Lime Tech are committed and focused on bringing you the best possible value out of your hardware and software investments. 

As we continue to expand Unraid OS and our team, we want to ensure that we're prioritizing projects and features that are in line with our customer's needs and desires.

We greatly value your feedback and would appreciate you spending 5-10 minutes taking this anonymous survey. As a bonus, you can enter to win one of ten $50 VISA gift cards as a token of our appreciation. 

Thank you in advance for taking part in shaping the future of Unraid OS!

Cheers,
Tom & the entire Lime Technology Team

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4
9 hours ago, ghost82 said:

me too, and it could be a great idea to share results anonimously.

For what it worth all I wrote has already been written here in the forum.

The survey seems to be only for the internal use.

I don't know if the timing of the survey is just a coincidence...

I've noticed an already developed trend on the very popular with noobs homeserver subreddit.

There's what seems to be a concerted effort to steer every newcomer towards TrueNas Scale.

TrueNas has its advantages for certain case usage, but it's being promoted as the ultimate fit it all solution, and free to boot - a clear winner all around!

And Unraid being badmouthed even when it can be considered as an absolute match for someone new who just wants a simple, easy, cheap (even with the added cost of the software) and reliable platform to host Plex and nothing more.

Even if there's a suggestion made or two for Unraid, they're being overshadowed by multiple TrueNas proponents who

don't hesitate to scare the unsuspecting and looking for an advice noobs with the non-sensical "Go Unraid - loose all of your data" or "Why would you want to pay $120 for junk software" proclamations.

Yes, the Unraid community in general is very helpful and polite and on the whole seems to be very happy with the product.

I don't know what would be a solution to the situation (I don't do Reddit) but just wanted to share my observation.

I'm speculating here, but wouldn't be surprised based on my observation if the Unraid sales have paused growing or maybe even on the decline.

Edited by Lolight
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2022 at 1:35 PM, -Daedalus said:

Done.

Any chance we might get some feedback on the unRAID survey results somewhere? Here, Discord, uncast(!), etc. Would be nice to hear Tom/Limetech's thoughts on community feedback, and how that might influence future plans.

We’ll publish a summary of the results. Thanks very much for your participation 

• Like 3
On 11/3/2022 at 10:24 PM, Lolight said:

The survey seems to be only for the internal use.

I don't know if the timing of the survey is just a coincidence...

I've noticed an already developed trend on the very popular with noobs homeserver subreddit.

There's what seems to be a concerted effort to steer every newcomer towards TrueNas Scale.

TrueNas has its advantages for certain case usage, but it's being promoted as the ultimate fit it all solution, and free to boot - a clear winner all around!

And Unraid being badmouthed even when it can be considered as an absolute match for someone new who just wants a simple, easy, cheap (even with the added cost of the software) and reliable platform to host Plex and nothing more.

Even if there's a suggestion made or two for Unraid, they're being overshadowed by multiple TrueNas proponents who

don't hesitate to scare the unsuspecting and looking for an advice noobs with the non-sensical "Go Unraid - loose all of your data" or "Why would you want to pay $120 for junk software" proclamations.

Thank you for your post.  It's unfortunate that some feel necessary to "bad mouth" other products.  We've been around a long time and during all that time I have never denigrated any other NAS or NAS-like products, and AFAIK no one associated with Lime Tech has either.  My view of things is that it's a big market out there and running a business (and staying in business) is very difficult, I'll give kudos to anyone attempting it.  Not only that, competition is good, it keeps everyone busy innovating.  re: TruNas - this is produced by iXsystems which makes its money in the Enterprise space.  Pretty sure they would not endorse comments such as those.

Yes, the Unraid community in general is very helpful and polite and on the whole seems to be very happy with the product.

I don't know what would be a solution to the situation (I don't do Reddit) but just wanted to share my observation.

Again, thank you and for sure you hit on the true value of Unraid OS: this Community!

I'm speculating here, but wouldn't be surprised based on my observation if the Unraid sales have paused growing or maybe even on the decline.

Actually sales have been increasing :)

• Like 9