How can I access unRAID (host) when I virtualize pfSense in it?

My unRAID box has 2x ethernet ports that are passed through to a pfSense VM. 

• One port is for WAN and connected to my FIOS ONT
  • One port is for LAN and connected to a switch

Everything works as expected. But I can't figure out how to connect to unRAID through my network? I assume I need to create some kind of virtual NIC connecting the unRAID host and the pfSense VM but I'm not sure how to do that?

I've seen someone use that type of setup, and I think they were eventually successful, but personally I gave Unraid it's own physical 10GB card and passed the 2 motherboard 1GB ports to pfsense. The 10GB card connects to the same switch as the LAN pfsense card, so there are 2 cables to the switch and one to the modem. I like giving 10GB of server bandwidth to all my LAN clients, and my internet is FAR from GB.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

Did you find an answer to this?  Planning to install a pfSense VM in my server soon, and this is one of the configuration questions I have as well.

No. The more I read, the more I realized how many complications can arise and I didn't want that stress. 

But I did read that you basically create virtual NICs in the VM. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.  I figured that would be part of the solution. 

Sometime this year I will have my Internet upgraded to 500/500 fiber, and know my SOHO router isn't going to cut it.  So researching if pfSense on my server is the solution.  It is a good time to rethink my entire network here at home.  So laying the ground work, to plan ahead as to what I'll need to do.  there will be some stuff I'll need figure out once I actually have pfSense installed.