Server freezes

winglam
Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hey all, the server freezes to dead and I can't login through GUI nor SSH. I have to force restart the server, and everything is back to normal. it occurs while I was running both 6.11.1 and 6.11.0-rc5, one time on each version of OS. It's never an issue when I have 6.10.3.

is there any other way to do a proper shut down when both GUI & SSH aren't worked?

Thanks,

Wing

10 hours ago, winglam said:

is there any other way to do a proper shut down when both GUI & SSH aren't worked?

A short press on the power button should trigger a graceful shutdown, if your server is still operating somehow properly while both GUI and SSH crashed.

Your diagnostics might show something and it they don't, you should set up a syslog server and attach that file after the next issue.

16 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

A short press on the power button should trigger a graceful shutdown, if your server is still operating somehow properly while both GUI and SSH crashed.

Your diagnostics might show something and it they don't, you should set up a syslog server and attach that file after the next issue.

I tried; the short press isn't working for some reason. My server doesn't have a GPU nor a monitor, so I have no clue if the server is still operating or not.

beside updating the OS to 6.11.1, the only change on my server is the CPU. I swapped out a Ryzen 3700x with a 5950x; I ain't sure if there is a compatibility issue running 5950x.

Edited by winglam
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...