Will not auto boot, and CAN'T BOOT TO UNRAID USB unless i manually force boot everytime

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Please refer to this solved topic

I am running into the same issue running a z370 mobo. Not sure what is going on but my bios is showing CSM disabled and everytime i reboot unraid , i have to manually go into my bios to manually select the boot device to force boot the USB drive where unraid resides.  It will reboot the machine and work but gone are the days of rebooting my server and having it automatically boot into the OS.

I did remove the dash on EFI folder so no more EFI-   , Along the lines i basically forgot what I did to cause the USB not to automatically boot into unraid. What am i doing wrong?

I have no other boot devices besides the USB unraid drive. I am affraid to click on Make USB bootable on the USB drive as i do not want to reformat the drive.

How can I fix my USB drive to automatically boot from the USB so when I update unraid and reboot i, do not have manually force boot the USB drive in the bios?

THanks

57 minutes ago, CSIG1001 said:

Please refer to this solved topic

I am running into the same issue running a z370 mobo. Not sure what is going on but my bios is showing CSM disabled and everytime i reboot unraid , i have to manually go into my bios to manually select the boot device to force boot the USB drive where unraid resides.  It will reboot the machine and work but gone are the days of rebooting my server and having it automatically boot into the OS.

I did remove the dash on EFI folder so no more EFI-   , Along the lines i basically forgot what I did to cause the USB not to automatically boot into unraid. What am i doing wrong?

I have no other boot devices besides the USB unraid drive. I am affraid to click on Make USB bootable on the USB drive as i do not want to reformat the drive.

How can I fix my USB drive to automatically boot from the USB so when I update unraid and reboot i, do not have manually force boot the USB drive in the bios?

THanks

Check in the BIOS for fastboot, make sure that is disabled, had a similar issue with Z690.

3 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Fastboot is often an issue, I do remove it on all computer, just in case.

Keep your EFI folder in sync with your boot option :

• EFI- for CSM boot
  • EFI for standard UEFI

Running make_bootable again should not be necessary but would not hurt either.

I am doing a parity check and will be done in  a few days. I plan on disabling the fast boot and leaving the folder name "EFI" with no -   and will give you guys an update how it runs.   I will not do anything else and let you know what happens. CSM is disabled as it is greyed out 

thanks

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...