Looking for ways to improve the Gaming PC Unraid VM experience/feedback from people daily driving this setup

I got Unraid installed/my gaming PC setup with passthrough after a long 10 hours yesterday....and so far the experience has been middling.  While I was able to test a game without issue, and overall the VM passthrough setup seems basically unnoticeable, there are some game breaking negatives for me:

After PC was locked all night(sleep completely disabled), my keyboard wasn't working this morning.  So I had to restart the VM which didn't fix it.  Then I had to go edit the settings and hit save, then edit the XML manually to fix passthrough for the GPU and save.  And then upon booting it worked again.   This seems like a very manual and arduous process to go through every morning if my USB keyboard just can't keep working, and there is no way to plug and play it to fix.   Is the solution to get a USB-C hub that I pass through and then everything else plugged in to it might be PnP as part of that?

While typing this my mouse just went very wonky and moves across my screen much slower/seems jittery. Keyboard seems to be lagging as well.  So it seems like there are random bottlenecks for USB passthrough?  It just came and went as I typed this out.  It seems some of my docker apps might have been doing something and spike the 6 cores I have reserved for them to 25% usage.  If that is all it takes to cause a noticeable impact that also might be a deal breaker for me. 

If this setup works I am planning on upgrading from my 3900xt(possibly the problem?) to a 7950x this weekend. 

Does anyone else run this as their daily setup? I work from home so my Gaming PC is generally my main PC.  In the future I would like to get another GPU possibly so I can run dual VM's and segregate my machines. I just want to prove out it is stable and performant enough before I make the investment on a huge upgrade. 

Any feedback and/or recommendations are appreciated. 

Just noticed both of my USB sound devices I used disappeared at some point during the jittering.  Meaning I now have to reboot to try and get my USB working again.  This seems extremely tedious with now way to PnP USB devices.   I'm assuming I'm not the only one with these issues?