My Servers plugin causes boot hang after updating to 6.11.2

Just upgraded Unraid to 6.11.2 from 6.11.1 - the My Servers plugin was also updated prior to the Unraid OS upgrade. After the upgrade, the machine hangs during boot:

Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/smbd -D
                 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
                 /usr/sbin/wsdd2 -d
                 /usr/sbin/winbindd -D

After booting into safe mode and disabling plugins one-by-one, the My Servers plugin (dynamix.unraid.net.plg) proved the culprit: removing the .plg file from /boot/config/plugins resolves the issue and the server boots normally. Reinstalling the plugin produces the same result (though curiously the .plg isn't the same as the old one): the plugin appears to function normally until the machine is rebooted, at which point it hangs.

Any ideas?

Edited by chronkus
typo
16 minutes ago, chronkus said:

Sorry, should have included that from the start!

Tried again with a clean plugin install but the issue persists.

Thanks! Can you clarify what would happen if you install the My Servers plugin now... would there be an immediate issue (what would happen?) or would it be fine until you reboot?

Unrelated to this, you need to make a small change and hit save to update your WireGuard tunnel

9 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Thanks! Can you clarify what would happen if you install the My Servers plugin now... would there be an immediate issue (what would happen?) or would it be fine until you reboot?

Unrelated to this, you need to make a small change and hit save to update your WireGuard tunnel

It'd be fine until reboot. Plugin page works, I can sign in, etc. Last I tried it reported a DNS issue, whereas it didn't prior to the upgrade. No network changes.

Spoiler

Probably unrelated(?), the interface is also more sluggish since the upgrade, e.g. the Dashboard and Docker page both take ~3 seconds to load locally whereas loading was ~1s before, or sometimes a similar delay happens when opening the terminal and issuing commands (a delay in typing commands, and some commands slower to execute; a ping outside the LAN takes ~5 seconds to begin and reports low <20ms latency but takes ~3 seconds between bips. Much less delay for local IP's, maybe related to the DNS issue? Either way, different than pre-upgrade). No other changes besides the upgrade. But it's vague and I haven't measured or tested anything so it's a pretty meaningless observation. Just reporting in case it's related and gives any clues.

And thanks re the Wireguard pointer, yes that's what prompted the upgrade and I've been too busy to get to that :)

Edited by chronkus

@chronkus Can you tell me approximately how long you waited before deciding the system had hung?

When My Servers installs it does a DNS check for 5 hostnames. If your DNS is unavailable this will add a delay. On the previous version of the plugin it would potentially add one minute per check (so 5 minutes) on the current version it is down to 10 seconds per check (so 50 seconds). Although I'm considering further changes. 

If you are open to trying it again, please just let the system do its thing and see if it eventually does bring up the login prompt and start the webgui (in which case please grab diagnostics). Thanks!