Dashboard and Start unresponsive

Go to solution Solved by Monokultur-Studio,

Hi all,

when opening the Dashboard-Tab, I can't click on any button and the CPU shows "Infinity %" for between 10 to 60 seconds. I attached a screenshot.

A similar behaviour is happening in the Start-Tab. For about 10 to 60 seconds the tab ist completely unresponsive and I can't see my array or cache-pool. The page is just empty. After given time everything appears and is usable.

This does not happen when I login remote via Wireguard-VPN. This way everything loads instantly. What could be the problem here?

I also attached the syslog file and the server diagnostics. I really can't find the root of it. I have another unraid server in the same network with no issues... I searched the forum and web but didn't find a similar problem.

Help is very much apprechiated!

Unraid_InfinityCPU.jpg

server-syslog-20221108-1024.zip server-diagnostics-20221108-1127.zip

So I changed the browser: My main browser is firefox but if I open the WebUI in edge, everything works as expected - at first. Then the same thing happens.

Where could this come from? If I open the WebUI from my second unraid server in firefox -WITHOUT- Wireguard and exactly the same browser-settings, everything works.

So it can't be an ad-blocker or a firewall blocking something, right? I just use ABP and its disabled for the server.

Same network - same PC and browser - two unraid servers - one works and the other with odd behaviour. 🤷‍♂️

Is there a log-file that could help me troubleshoot?

Edited by Monokultur-Studio
2 hours ago, Monokultur-Studio said:

So I changed the browser: My main browser is firefox but if I open the WebUI in edge, everything works as expected - at first. Then the same thing happens.

Where could this come from? If I open the WebUI from my second unraid server in firefox -WITHOUT- Wireguard and exactly the same browser-settings, everything works.

So it can't be an ad-blocker or a firewall blocking something, right? I just use ABP and its disabled for the server.

Same network - same PC and browser - two unraid servers - one works and the other with odd behaviour. 🤷‍♂️

Is there a log-file that could help me troubleshoot?

Do you get the same results using incognito mode?

I also have the same problem.  It just happened.  I've been using Firefox with this server for a few months and everything's been ok until now.  The following screenshots show the same server dashboard but with different browsers.  The top is Firefox and the bottom is Edge.  Both connections are https.  The only thing that is different this time is that I'm running a comparison with dupeGuru which seems to be very intensive (and now seems to be frozen).  Currently running unRAID 6.10.3.  Plan is to upgrade to the latest this weekend.  I guess we'll see what happens over the next few days.

image.png.496ea138a2a59f2198a40b810ba284ab.png

image.png.fe01d8a4dea08d35b9bad6642a8f67f9.png

image.png.5d40c249c3876aa1610d061cf82a5fcc.png

Edited by TimTheSettler
  • 3 months later...

I'm having endless problems as well with GUI things not showing.  New user/new installation here.  I was tinkering last night and everything was working perfectly.  I went back in today and all the GUI elements were not formatting correctly, or unresponsive.  I learned that clearing firefox cache fixed it.  I'll report back if/when it happens again.

I'm having the same issue which also just started. I've tried it in Firefox, Edge and Chrome and they all have similar behaviors. I can't see anything in the "Main" tab, Dashboard shows incomplete information and plugin's and docker never load.

EDIT: Using 6.11.5 Unraid

Screenshot 2023-03-07 110835.png

Screenshot 2023-03-07 110809.png

Edited by severanced

I had this problem a lot, then I uninstalled the unraid.net plugin and I stopped having the issue randomly.
But I can still recreate the issue with these steps:
1. Go to "main" page
2. Browse a directory on the storage
3. Hit the "back" button on my browser.

At least I don't have this issue randomly anymore, but I do get it every time I'm in the file browser and then use the back button.

9 minutes ago, severanced said:

I'm also noticing that the Unraid Server plugin is acting strange and not able to connect, but I'm not able to delete it since I can't load the Plugins page.

I think you can uninstall it by deleting the plugin from your thumb drive.  Should be located here:  /boot/config/plugins

1 minute ago, samsausages said:

I think you can uninstall it by deleting the plugin from your thumb drive.  Should be located here:  /boot/config/plugins

Thanks, I will keep that in mind, I'm not sure if that is the issue and I'm waiting for someone to chime in with what might be the cause of all of this.

4 minutes ago, severanced said:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind, I'm not sure if that is the issue and I'm waiting for someone to chime in with what might be the cause of all of this.

I hope someone can give more info.  Been fighting this for a while and the issue popped up out of nowhere months ago.  Usually I'm told it's from using a VPN to pass DNS queries through.  (If you use something like pfsense for your DNS resolver)
That is something I do, but I tried it with just standard DNS settings and still have the same problem.

The only thing that made it better for me is removing the unraid.net plugin.  But that also is the approved way of backing up your thumbdrive... so you do lose that ability.

If you do delete the plugin manually, it won't go away until you reboot, as unraid loaded it to memory on boot.

So I found a laptop that has not had their browsers updated and I was able to uninstall the My Server's app, this has fixed a few problems, the Docker and Plugins tab now appear to populate, but the Main tab is not populating at all still and the Dashboard is also not populating.

This is total speculation on my part but maybe some update to Chronimum broke some of the elements of the GUI?

Screenshot 2023-03-08 101420.png

Screenshot 2023-03-08 101404.png

1 hour ago, severanced said:

This is total speculation on my part but maybe some update to Chronimum broke some of the elements of the GUI?

No, I'm using firefox and it happens here too.  Try clearing the browser cache.  I noticed that I had over 1GB of cached elements last time this happened, and after clearing, the problem immediately cleared up.  I'm still waiting to see if it happens again.

1 hour ago, House Of Cards said:

No, I'm using firefox and it happens here too.  Try clearing the browser cache.  I noticed that I had over 1GB of cached elements last time this happened, and after clearing, the problem immediately cleared up.  I'm still waiting to see if it happens again.

I just tried that and unfortunately that didn't work, those pages are still blank. I tried it in an incognito window too to see if it was a plugin and also didn't work. This seems to be a bigger problem.

1 minute ago, severanced said:

I just tried that and unfortunately that didn't work, those pages are still blank. I tried it in an incognito window too to see if it was a plugin and also didn't work. This seems to be a bigger problem.

I feel like this is an issue with the My Servers changes.  I say that because when this happens, there are connection errors showing under the plugin when viewing on a secondary machine, although the web shows my server connected, and directly on the UnRAID machine shows it connected.  The only thing my laptop should be showing me is my server itself, so why if the server believes it's connected, does my laptop think differently?

And maybe somehow, the GUI elements are dependent on the server being connected?

1 hour ago, House Of Cards said:

I feel like this is an issue with the My Servers changes.  I say that because when this happens, there are connection errors showing under the plugin when viewing on a secondary machine, although the web shows my server connected, and directly on the UnRAID machine shows it connected.  The only thing my laptop should be showing me is my server itself, so why if the server believes it's connected, does my laptop think differently?

And maybe somehow, the GUI elements are dependent on the server being connected?

My Servers seems to have something to do with it since I did uninstall it and some issues went away but not all.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, severanced said:

Has anyone found anything more about this? My dashboard and Main page are still non-functional.

Is this with MyServers installed?  What browser?  Is it up to date?  Do things work if addons / extensions are disabled?  Are you trying to use a VPN to your server?

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Is this with MyServers installed?  What browser?  Is it up to date?  Do things work if addons / extensions are disabled?  Are you trying to use a VPN to your server?

This is with MyServers uninstalled.

Browser is Firefox latest version.

This happens in both regular firefox and in incognito window with nothing enabled also Chrome and Edge which I have no addons/extensions installed I get the same results. Main is just a bunch of blank lines and Dashboard does not fully populate.

On 3/11/2023 at 4:07 PM, severanced said:

This is with MyServers uninstalled.

Browser is Firefox latest version.

This happens in both regular firefox and in incognito window with nothing enabled also Chrome and Edge which I have no addons/extensions installed I get the same results. Main is just a bunch of blank lines and Dashboard does not fully populate.

So I shut down my system, took out my drive, ran a scandisk on it and restarted my server and it looks like my GUI is back to normal. It looks like it my have needed a reboot of some sort.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2023 at 4:45 PM, severanced said:

So I shut down my system, took out my drive, ran a scandisk on it and restarted my server and it looks like my GUI is back to normal. It looks like it my have needed a reboot of some sort.

I am having this same issue also. Annoying to the point that I reinstalled an my OS to see if it is my laptop. Unfortunately, it was not. I have rebooted my server, tried Firefox and Chrome and nothing. When i rebooted, i could log in but everything was very slow. Looks like if I turn off docker, it comes back. When I re-enable docker, it is fine also. I dont think i want to bounce docker every time I have this issue. Hopefully someone much smarter than me can figure it out.