Unraid OS version 6.11.3 available

limetech

23 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Thanks! Didn't even cross my mind. Sure enough that did it, now to go reset all my settings for my dockers that use cookies lol

While I was trying to figure this out I noticed that there is the option for both VNC and SPICE in the VM? What is the difference? Is one better then the other?

The SPICE(Prototype) Client is not as good as the VNC client, but it works ok. But enable spice allows external spice clients also like virt-viewer.

image.thumb.png.7739a3d949ea2d191857214e4f95412a.png

Edited by SimonF
16 minutes ago, markiii said:

no hard evidence to support it but updated from 6.11.2 to 6.11.3 yesterday and all went well. Doing some large file transfers today and the SMB transfer speed seems to be on a go slow,

anyone else noticed anything?

SMB connections really depend on the OS on both ends. You’ll probably need to give more details.

38 minutes ago, markiii said:

no hard evidence to support it but updated from 6.11.2 to 6.11.3 yesterday and all went well. Doing some large file transfers today and the SMB transfer speed seems to be on a go slow,

anyone else noticed anything?

15 minutes ago, markiii said:

windows 10 on the other end

no issues pre upgrade

Please start a new thread in the General Support forum as these types of issues usually lead to multiple posts which are impossible to follow in Release thread.  Be sure to attach Diagnostic file. 

17 hours ago, Kir said:

Upgraded, and 2nd parity drive shows up as disabled.

It was already disabled at boot, i.e., it got disabled before the update, but since SMART looks fine you can just re-enable the disk and re-sync parity, might also be a good idea to replace/swap cables before to rule them out if it happens again to the same disk.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

17 hours ago, markiii said:

For me SMB with v6.11.3 is performing about the same as v6.11.0, there is a small though measurable slowdown, especially with large files, my guess is that they are caused by the Samba update from v4.7.0 to v4.7.2 which includes some CVEs:

samba: version 4.17.2 (CVE-2021-20251 CVE-2022-3437 CVE-2022-3592)

But note that this update was done on v6.11.2, so v6.11.3 should be very similar to v6.11.2

image.png

P.S. tests are done from one Unraid server to another, both with the same release, I tried before doing Windows to Unraid tests but they were not repeatable after some time, i.e., a test done 6 months later could produce very different results, likely because of the Windows updates installed in the meantime.

P.P.S. only did tests with mitigations=off for now, though AFAIK no new mitigations in the kernel since v6.11.0.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It was already disabled at boot, i.e., it got disabled before the update, but since SMART looks fine you can just re-enable the disk and re-sync parity, might also be a good idea to replace/swap cables before to rule them out if it happens again to the same disk.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

Well... not really. It got disabled when I updated to 6.11.2, I just rebuilt it, and after 6.11.3 upgrade it got disabled again.

I don't really see any indication why. Do you?

11 hours ago, Kir said:

I don't really see any indication why. Do you?

Like mentioned the disk was already disabled at boot, i.e., it was already disabled  or it got disabled during the shutdown before, but without diags showing what happened cannot really say wy, other than almost certain it wasn't the update, if it happens again see if you can grab the diags before rebooting.

Just tried to upgrade from 6.11.1 to 6.11.3 and now it won't boot. It is stuck on this:

vfio-pci 0000:12:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem

vfio-pci 0000:12:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=none

I cannot get the support file because I cannot get into the guy. Does anyone know how can I fix this or how can I go back to 6.11.1? Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: after a while, the GUI came up and all of my Docker Containers and VM are working. Should I be worried on this VFIO-PCI on my screen? Usually, it has the server IP address.

Edited by Tucubanito07
  • SpencerJ unpinned and unfeatured this topic