Unraid OS version 6.11.3 available

limetech

Hi all,

after updated to 6.11.3 from the previuos .2 ad I lost all of my dockers.

I tried to go back but the dockers were gone.

I had to reinstall everything from "previous app" but many configurations are gone and many dockers now no longer work having lost their configurations (NGINX, Nextcloud, all app with reverse proxy) even the docker custom networks were gone.

Problems also with time machine, no problems with the VMs. does anyone know what may have happened?

is there a way to go back to the old configurations and restart everything without wasting days to redo everything again and having to re-study everything?

Many thanks

On 11/9/2022 at 4:51 AM, PhilipJFry said:

Does this update address the SMB Shares issue(s) introduced with 6.11.2 that me and others users have come across @limetech?, or is that in a later version?

Are you able to downgrade to 6.11.1? I've had terrible SMB issues since the 6.9.x days and regretted updating to 6.10.x as things only got worse. I was quick to update to 6.11.1 after reading that SMB performance was better than it has been and and I can confirm for my gear this is true to an extent. Regardless, after reading some of the comments here, I'm holding off on trying any of the newer 'improvements' at this time.

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

Are you able to downgrade to 6.11.1? I've had terrible SMB issues since the 6.9.x days and regretted updating to 6.10.x as things only got worse. I was quick to update to 6.11.1 after reading that SMB performance was better than it has been and and I can confirm for my gear this is true to an extent. Regardless, after reading some of the comments here, I'm holding off on trying any of the newer 'improvements' at this time.

@Joseph. SMB issue was fixed for me. See here

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, TexasUnraid said:

Cool, thanks for the info, yeah I will just stick with VNC, it works for what I need.

Only real complaint is that copy/paste does not work with the built in clipboard.

I have been looking at copy paste and it does work on 6.11.5, but may work on other 6.11.x versions.

You need to install spice vdagent from here and add lines to the XML.

https://www.spice-space.org/download.html

Example XML:

<channel type='qemu-vdagent'>
      <target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='1' bus='0' port='3'/>
      <source>
        <clipboard copypaste='no'/>
        <mouse mode='server'/>
      </source>
    </channel>

This is running on Win10 not tested on Linux as yet.

image.thumb.png.8f80bf0e9318f875aa1f22f39d1ea57e.png

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SimonF said:

I have been looking at copy paste and it does work on 6.11.5, but may work on other 6.11.x versions.

Example XML:

<source>
        <clipboard copypaste='no'/>
        <mouse mode='server'/>
      </source>
    </channel>

This is running on Win10 not tested on Linux as yet.

image.thumb.png.8f80bf0e9318f875aa1f22f39d1ea57e.png

Very nice, so even on 11.5 you need to add that code or is it only for earlier versions? I am on 11.2 right now.

Also using ubuntu primarily on the VM's that I need the clipboard for. Any idea if the command would be the same for them?

The VM's are working on a job right now, I will try shutting them down and adding those commands when they finish.

Edited by TexasUnraid
2 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Very nice, so even on 11.5 you need to add that code or is it only for earlier versions? I am on 11.2 right now.

Yes it needs to be added as not part of the XML even on .5

For Ubuntu look like you can install via apt.

sudo apt install spice-vdagent

1 minute ago, SimonF said:

Yes it needs to be added as not part of the XML even on .5

For Ubuntu look like you can install via apt.

sudo apt install spice-vdagent

Thanks, this will help a lot, I need to copy links back and forth and have to run teamviewer just to do that right now, this will make things a lot simpler!

This is for VNC correct? I seeing the app that it is installing is spice? Do they just use the same package?

Edited by TexasUnraid
9 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Thanks, this will help a lot, I need to copy links back and forth and have to run teamviewer just to do that right now, this will make things a lot simpler!

This is for VNC correct? I seeing the app that it is installing is spice? Do they just use the same package?

Yes it is for VNC

3 hours ago, SimonF said:

Yes it is for VNC

Tried it on both the windows and Ubuntu VM and sadly it is not working on either of them?

I added the XML code near the bottom of the XML where there were other channel entrys. I installed the spice guest tools for windows and seems that ubuntu already had it installed for some reason.

Could something of changed between 6.11.3 and 6.11.5?

12 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Tried it on both the windows and Ubuntu VM and sadly it is not working on either of them?

I added the XML code near the bottom of the XML where there were other channel entrys. I installed the spice guest tools for windows and seems that ubuntu already had it installed for some reason.

Could something of changed between 6.11.3 and 6.11.5?

Should work from 6.11.1 on wards

Sorry I posted the wrong XML, have updated above, should be 

<source>
        <clipboard copypaste='yes'/>
        <mouse mode='client'/>
      </source>
    </channel>

Test ubuntu also.

image.thumb.png.fd99880454f91d12a5a08a721c7b6669.png

Edited by SimonF
On 11/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, SimonF said:

Sorry if I am being thick headed here, but you are saying vdagent needs to be installed on Unraid, right? I have the tools package installed on the client already and added XML and it doesn't seem to work.

If it DOES need to be installed on Unraid, how do you do that without apt install?

2 minutes ago, dja said:

Sorry if I am being thick headed here, but you are saying vdagent needs to be installed on Unraid, right? I have the tools package installed on the client already and added XML and it doesn't seem to work.

If it DOES need to be installed on Unraid, how do you do that without apt install?

no vdaagent is installed on the VM like the qemu guest agent.

XML should be this

<source>
        <mouse mode='client'/>
      </source>
    </channel>

Edited by SimonF
4 minutes ago, SimonF said:

no vdaagent is installed on the VM like the qemu guest agent.

XML should be this

<source>
        <mouse mode='client'/>
      </source>
    </channel>

Sorry I'm not getting this. How do you install vdaagent  in Windows? I'm not seeing an installer for that.

33 minutes ago, dja said:

Ok, well no dice then. I had that installed before. NO copy paste with XML added. The only thing it did was make the mouse impossible to use as it is not aligned with where it should be since adding it.  I removed the XML and the cursor works (?)

Which client are you using?

• SpencerJ unpinned and unfeatured this topic