Drive failed while rebuilding another drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I had a disk failure on my array. There was a red X next to the disk and it was being emulated. Unfortunately, I was very irresponsible and waited a long time to replace this drive (3+ weeks). 

I got around to replacing the drive and initiating the rebuild process, but it looks like another drive has failed during the rebuild as there have been read errors accumulating for hours on it. I'm suspicious of if this is a drive failure, or perhaps a power supply or wiring issue. 

I've resign to the fact that I will probably lose out on some data, but I'm just wondering what the best approach would be here. I still have access to the original drive which failed, but I'm unable to access any data on it when mounting it on my PC. 

megatron_read_errors.png

megatron-diagnostics-20221109-0812.zip

23 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Disk 2 dropped offline, cancel the rebuild, check/replace cables on that disk and post new diags after array start.

Thank you, I did this and Disk 2 is now available. This does indicate there was a wiring issue causing that disk to drop off. 

I've attached the new diagnostics after restarting the array. I assume we're good to try rebuilding the drive again? 

megatron-diagnostics-20221109-0849.zip