Internal Networking Speed - Windows 10G / Linux not

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with adjusting the defaults for a linux guest (specifically Ubuntu 20).  This is one of the 'basics' that I think Unraid hasn't gotten right yet, or perhaps I don't understand yet, though I don't understand why it would be so hard.

Multiple linux guests of various types I've installed seem to have speed issues when it comes to networking.  In this case I am doing an email server migration and am uploading email from a windows VM inside unraid connecting to a fresh new linux VM in the same unraid box.  Windows reports its speed as 10G, Linux reports as unspecified.  I've done iperf test and it reports back at about 200Mb/s (as per below) which is well below 10G as you can imagine.

[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth

[  4]  0.0-10.0 sec   270 MBytes   225 Mbits/sec

I'm currently using virtio-net on the linux guest and it'd be nice if at least it reported back a speed of some kind.  Is there a trick to Linux guests?  I've installed the emu-guest-agent and enabled it.

systemctl status qemu-guest-agent

● qemu-guest-agent.service - QEMU Guest Agent

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/qemu-guest-agent.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-11-08 19:04:50 UTC; 24h ago

Main PID: 716 (qemu-ga)

Tasks: 1 (limit: 19100)

Memory: 1.6M

CGroup: /system.slice/qemu-guest-agent.service

└─716 /usr/sbin/qemu-ga

I have also installed the virtualbox-guest-tools in case that makes a difference.

I am wondering if better performance would come from vmxnet-3 though from what I understand to get 10G, it needs to be virtio-net.

Reading this thread here, I am led to believe I need to use virtio not virtio-net though I do have dockers sharing the same network so I assume that will create another problem.  Also, from that thread as I understand it I shouldn't be getting 10G connection on my windows machine.  Or perhaps it does get a 10G connection, but just performs like a 1G connection when virtio-net is chosen.  Which still leaves the question as to why I'm not getting an accurate speed report on my linux box.

So just thinking it all through, to get 10G - I need to create a new bridge for my vm's and assign them all to that, then choose virtio as the driver?  Thanks.

skywalker-diagnostics-20221109-1440.zip