Windows 10 VM randomly freezing

sciku
Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

Hello! 

I've got a windows 10 VM running Steam + Tdarr with an NVIDIA 1650. For some reason, while I'm gaming (or not) the VM will randomly just freeze. Looking at the diagnostics I can't even see an error or anything occurring. The Tdarr transcoding + videos are shared to the VM via SMB. The games are all embedded into the vdisk. I took these diagnostics right after the vm froze last while I was playing a game (not demanding -- stardew valley). I was playing it on my phone streamed through steam link.  

I've seen some threads around where this behaviour is reported when using virtiofs. I was initially using virtiofs to share a drive however  I removed the drive, uninstalled the guest tools and winfsp as well, and the problem still persists. Any suggestions? Any insight is appreciated!

syslog.txt

Edited by sciku
  • Solution
8 hours ago, sciku said:

Hello! 

I've got a windows 10 VM running Steam + Tdarr with an NVIDIA 1650. For some reason, while I'm gaming (or not) the VM will randomly just freeze. Looking at the diagnostics I can't even see an error or anything occurring. The Tdarr transcoding + videos are shared to the VM via SMB. The games are all embedded into the vdisk. I took these diagnostics right after the vm froze last while I was playing a game (not demanding -- stardew valley). I was playing it on my phone streamed through steam link.  

I've seen some threads around where this behaviour is reported when using virtiofs. I was initially using virtiofs to share a drive however  I removed the drive, uninstalled the guest tools and winfsp as well, and the problem still persists. Any suggestions? Any insight is appreciated!

syslog.txt 618.58 kB · 1 download

Did you reset the memory backing lines from the XML?

<memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
 </memoryBacking>