Server Fully Unresponsive Likely due to Dockers

Hi everyone, 

I have been an UNRAID user for years and have had the same server working without issues for years until I recently upgraded my router to a Unifi Dream Router and had to reset my network settings and adjust some of the static IPs. 

Now I have an issue where my server is becoming unresponsive constantly to a point where it's unreliable and requires a hard reset. I cannot get the UI to load when this occurs. 

I have since realized that it's likely to do with Docker as if it's off, it does not happen (at least that is my initial diagnosis). Taking it a step further, it seems to be mostly caused when Docker apps are writing files to the cache and/or the array. Specifically when Sonarr processes the files that were downloaded or possibly NZBGet unpacks the files, but not 100% sure. 

To try to solve the issue, I have deleted my Docker image and reinstalled the apps from the templates without better results.

I have the following Docker apps installed all from binhex:

Plex

Sonarr

Radar

NZBGet (had SabNZB prior to tried to see if that was the problem)

I am not an expert at this at all and would really appreciate some help understanding what could be going wrong. Attached are the diagnostics

Thanks in advance. 

diagnostics-20221111-0948.zip

• 1 month later...

Replying from my usual account.

Hi JorgeB, 

I don't think the Ryzen lock up issue is the cause of this as this server was running fine for years and this is a newer issue. I tried leaving the server with Dockers off for a few weeks and no crash happened during this time.

I then turned back Docker back on and turned one docker app on at a time to see which causes it. Plex had no issue. It really is when SabNZB and Sonarr download content. Once the downloads finish, sometimes the server comes back from the dead, but everything hangs until then and most times I need to do a hard restart.

I have reinstalled all the Docker apps without templates with no success. 

I am really stumped on this one and would really appreciate some help. I have attached the latest diagnostics.

Thanks.

diagnostics-20230107-2358.zip

On 1/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, mafoster said:

Replying from my usual account.

Please don't post from multiple accounts.

What I would like to do is ban your other account which only has that single post that started this thread. I guess I could quote that post in my own post like this so we don't lose it. Not sure if that would wind up hiding the entire thread though.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, Marc Foster said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been an UNRAID user for years and have had the same server working without issues for years until I recently upgraded my router to a Unifi Dream Router and had to reset my network settings and adjust some of the static IPs. 

Now I have an issue where my server is becoming unresponsive constantly to a point where it's unreliable and requires a hard reset. I cannot get the UI to load when this occurs. 

I have since realized that it's likely to do with Docker as if it's off, it does not happen (at least that is my initial diagnosis). Taking it a step further, it seems to be mostly caused when Docker apps are writing files to the cache and/or the array. Specifically when Sonarr processes the files that were downloaded or possibly NZBGet unpacks the files, but not 100% sure. 

To try to solve the issue, I have deleted my Docker image and reinstalled the apps from the templates without better results.

I have the following Docker apps installed all from binhex:

Plex

Sonarr

Radar

NZBGet (had SabNZB prior to tried to see if that was the problem)

I am not an expert at this at all and would really appreciate some help understanding what could be going wrong. Attached are the diagnostics

Thanks in advance. 

diagnostics-20221111-0948.zip 156.23 kB · 1 download