[Guide] InvokeAI: A Stable Diffusion Toolkit - Docker

8 hours ago, Loyotaemi said:

Sorry to ask once again on the forum, but the current method of updating seems to be broken with the new update; is there a chance of the docker image being updated, or should we wait for the fix on the github's end?

What errors are you getting? as Mine updated fine to the latest changes after I restarted it

I didnt get errors, but the git didn't do a pull and the version didnt change either. just tried restarting just now and the git did get a pull on the app finally on front end;

.../web/dist/assets/{App-982926da.js => App-16da1b5e.js} |  4 ++--
 ...vider-a1ea5622.js => ThemeLocaleProvider-51f66919.js} |  2 +-
 .../dist/assets/{index-2ad84bef.js => index-d64f4654.js} |  2 +-
 .../{storeHooks-e63a2dc4.js => storeHooks-0eed8e9f.js}   |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/dist/index.html                    |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/index.d.ts                         | 16 +++++++++++++++-
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/app/App.tsx                    |  6 +++---
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/component.tsx                  |  6 +++---
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/exports.tsx                    |  7 +++++++
 invokeai/frontend/web/stats.html                         |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/vite.config.ts                     |  2 +-
 11 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{App-982926da.js => App-16da1b5e.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{ThemeLocaleProvider-a1ea5622.js => ThemeLocaleProvider-51f66919.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{index-2ad84bef.js => index-d64f4654.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{storeHooks-e63a2dc4.js => storeHooks-0eed8e9f.js} (99%)
 create mode 100644 invokeai/frontend/web/src/exports.tsx
Loading InvokeAI WebUI.....
* Initializing, be patient...
>> Internet connectivity is True
>> InvokeAI, version 3.0.0+a0

i thought i didn't get the update as i was still getting the bug that was mentioned. im assuming then that its correct for it to say 3.0.0+a0?

Edited by Loyotaemi
1 hour ago, Loyotaemi said:

I didnt get errors, but the git didn't do a pull and the version didnt change either. just tried restarting just now and the git did get a pull on the app finally on front end;

.../web/dist/assets/{App-982926da.js => App-16da1b5e.js} |  4 ++--
 ...vider-a1ea5622.js => ThemeLocaleProvider-51f66919.js} |  2 +-
 .../dist/assets/{index-2ad84bef.js => index-d64f4654.js} |  2 +-
 .../{storeHooks-e63a2dc4.js => storeHooks-0eed8e9f.js}   |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/dist/index.html                    |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/index.d.ts                         | 16 +++++++++++++++-
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/app/App.tsx                    |  6 +++---
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/component.tsx                  |  6 +++---
 invokeai/frontend/web/src/exports.tsx                    |  7 +++++++
 invokeai/frontend/web/stats.html                         |  2 +-
 invokeai/frontend/web/vite.config.ts                     |  2 +-
 11 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{App-982926da.js => App-16da1b5e.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{ThemeLocaleProvider-a1ea5622.js => ThemeLocaleProvider-51f66919.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{index-2ad84bef.js => index-d64f4654.js} (99%)
 rename invokeai/frontend/web/dist/assets/{storeHooks-e63a2dc4.js => storeHooks-0eed8e9f.js} (99%)
 create mode 100644 invokeai/frontend/web/src/exports.tsx
* Initializing, be patient...

i thought i didn't get the update as i was still getting the bug that was mentioned. im assuming then that its correct for it to say 3.0.0+a0?

The version will stay the same till the final version of 3.0.0 is released. Since the docker is pulling from main branch it gets all the updates, think of it as alpha testing new releases 

9 hours ago, Opi098514 said:

Ok I’m so confused at this point. I’ve got the docker working however I can’t add and models that I have stored locally. It just doesn’t see their locations. I also can’t find where to add Loras. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

You can add new models in the model manager,

• move them in to a folder under userfiles, I added mine in to a folder called mymodels in the models folder,
  • next you will need to click "add new" under model manager, select the type of model it is and then type in  the folder they are in eg. /home/invokeuser/userfiles/models/mymodels/ then click find models
  • Then it should show any models it found, to add them.

as for loras its only just been added into the v2.3 and this docker is based on main branch as it will be based on nodes and loras hasnt been added to nodes yet.

I have a image on docker hub that i use for the v2.3 branch, but main branch has had a massive file layout change, so this image is will be only compatible with v2.3.* only, so you would need to make it a sparate docker container for it, as it wont get updates once v3.0 is out

Edited by mickr777

Thankyou for making this container available. Only one of my gpu cards seem to be utilized. InvokeAI maxs out the load on the same gpu each time. Both cards are showing in the system device menu, both cards show within the nvidia drivers plugin and I have the container ExtraParams --gpus all. I there a way to test this?
I am currently running;

unraid: 6.12.rc3

invokeai: v2.3 image

19 minutes ago, KeyBoardDabbler said:

Thankyou for making this container available. Only one of my gpu cards seem to be utilized. InvokeAI maxs out the load on the same gpu each time. Both cards are showing in the system device menu, both cards show within the nvidia drivers plugin and I have the container ExtraParams --gpus all. I there a way to test this?
I am currently running;

unraid: 6.12.rc3

invokeai: v2.3 image

Pretty sure at the moment invokai is single threaded, so will only utilise one gpu.

This should be changing in the upcoming migration to nodes

Edited by mickr777
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to run this using CPU with the --gpus 0 extra parameter as shown in the guide, but I still get this error when trying to build

docker run
  -d
  --name='InvokeAIv2.3'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="InvokeAIv2.3"
  -e 'HUGGING_FACE_HUB_TOKEN'='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'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:9090]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://i.ibb.co/LPkz8X8/logo-13003d72.png'
  -p '9090:9090/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_v23/invokeai/':'/home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_V23/userfiles/':'/home/invokeuser/userfiles/':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_v23/venv/':'/home/invokeuser/venv/':'rw'
  --gpus 0 'mickr777/invokeai_unraid_v2.3'
59777f26be903777989ed8b5b8e4a89d48d1d8f12804c8e369e02dfc39edebec
docker: Error response from daemon: could not select device driver "" with capabilities: [[gpu]].

The command failed.

16 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

I'm trying to run this using CPU with the --gpus 0 extra parameter as shown in the guide, but I still get this error when trying to build

docker run
  -d
  --name='InvokeAIv2.3'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="InvokeAIv2.3"
  -e 'HUGGING_FACE_HUB_TOKEN'=''
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:9090]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://i.ibb.co/LPkz8X8/logo-13003d72.png'
  -p '9090:9090/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_v23/invokeai/':'/home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_V23/userfiles/':'/home/invokeuser/userfiles/':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/invokeai_v23/venv/':'/home/invokeuser/venv/':'rw'
  --gpus 0 'mickr777/invokeai_unraid_v2.3'
59777f26be903777989ed8b5b8e4a89d48d1d8f12804c8e369e02dfc39edebec
docker: Error response from daemon: could not select device driver "" with capabilities: [[gpu]].

The command failed.

Trying building it without the --gpu 0

(also probably best to remove your hugging face token from the post above, for your security)

Edited by mickr777
23 minutes ago, mickr777 said:

Trying building it without the --gpu 0

(also probably best to remove your hugging face token from the post above, for your security)

Thanks - seems to build now. Lets see if I can also get it to produce output :) Perhaps should be updated in OP 

And thank you for the heads up about the access token. I've invalidated it on Huggingface now so it doesn't matter.

Firstly - thanks so much for all the hard work making this, and making a super guide. 

I've run into a problem while installing this all, and as a fairly amateur UnRaid user could use anyones insights.

I've seemingly got InvokeAI installed, I have the NVIDIA drivers installed (RTX 2070), but get two errors I don't get:

1) invokeai: command not found, context:

start.sh: line 61: invokeai: command not found

start.sh: line 61: invokeai: command not found

Checking if The Git Repo Has Changed....

Local Files Are Up to Date

** Press ANY KEY to close this window **

2) Exited (127)

That shows under my uptime, as it instantly just goes to 'stopped' when I try to start invokeai docker.

Sorry if I am not sharing enough info, I used option #1 for my install. On Version: 6.11.5 of UnRaid.

14 hours ago, ShadowUnraidLegends said:

Firstly - thanks so much for all the hard work making this, and making a super guide. 

I've run into a problem while installing this all, and as a fairly amateur UnRaid user could use anyones insights.

I've seemingly got InvokeAI installed, I have the NVIDIA drivers installed (RTX 2070), but get two errors I don't get:

1) invokeai: command not found, context:

2) Exited (127)

That shows under my uptime, as it instantly just goes to 'stopped' when I try to start invokeai docker.

Sorry if I am not sharing enough info, I used option #1 for my install. On Version: 6.11.5 of UnRaid.

Sounds like the ptyhon venv may not have been setup correctly during the first run, if you have Dynamix File Manager plugin installed, in unraid go to it then go to the folder cache, appdata, invokeai then venv and delete the pyvenv.cfg file and rerun the docker.

The file Could also be deleted via the unriad terminal if you dont have that plugin

Edited by mickr777
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, mickr777 said:

Sounds like the ptyhon venv may not have been setup correctly during the first run, if you have Dynamix File Manager plugin installed, in unraid go to it then go to the folder cache, appdata, invokeai then venv and delete the pyvenv.cfg file and rerun the docker.

The file Could also be deleted via the unriad terminal if you dont have that plugin

Wow. Just wow. Maybe it's the espresso, but you have no idea how overwhelmingly grateful I am to you right now. 

All week I've back and forth'd solving issue after issue, finally reaching this final issue that no help was solving. Here comes you, who did all the hard work creating this stuff, AND you are so diligent you - within 12 hours - see my comment and instantly come to the rescue and solve it with 2 sentences?

Please tell me you have a BuyMeACoffee or some way to donate you a little tip as a thanks.. been having a hard time lately w/ lots of stuff and having this small thing finally work after a lot of hours really is a silver lining to my life.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ShadowUnraidLegends said:

Wow. Just wow. Maybe it's the espresso, but you have no idea how overwhelmingly grateful I am to you right now. 

All week I've back and forth'd solving issue after issue, finally reaching this final issue that no help was solving. Here comes you, who did all the hard work creating this stuff, AND you are so diligent you - within 12 hours - see my comment and instantly come to the rescue and solve it with 2 sentences?

Please tell me you have a BuyMeACoffee or some way to donate you a little tip as a thanks.. been having a hard time lately w/ lots of stuff and having this small thing finally work after a lot of hours really is a silver lining to my life.

Thank you very much, but no need to tip me, the guys at invokeai are the ones doing all the hard work making there app, i just spent the time working out how to put it in a docker for unraid.

I am happy it is working now.

Just an fyi there is a major migration to nodes right now in the background of invokeai, so some updates might break the docker, so far it hasnt effected it, but I am keeping an eye on it

Edited by mickr777
  • Like 1

Getting a new error this week:

│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/backend/stable_diffusion/diffusers_pipeli │
│ ne.py:39 in <module>                                                         │
│                                                                              │
│    36 from invokeai.backend.globals import Globals                           │
│    37                                                                        │
│    38 from ..util import CPU_DEVICE, normalize_device                        │
│ ❱  39 from .diffusion import (                                               │
│    40 │   AttentionMapSaver,                                                 │
│    41 │   InvokeAIDiffuserComponent,                                         │
│    42 │   PostprocessingSettings,                                            │
│                                                                              │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/backend/stable_diffusion/diffusion/__init │
│ __.py:4 in <module>                                                          │
│   1 """                                                                      │
│   2 Initialization file for invokeai.models.diffusion                        │
│   3 """                                                                      │
│ ❱ 4 from .cross_attention_control import InvokeAICrossAttentionMixin         │
│   5 from .cross_attention_map_saving import AttentionMapSaver                │
│   6 from .shared_invokeai_diffusion import InvokeAIDiffuserComponent, Postpr │
│   7                                                                          │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/backend/stable_diffusion/diffusion/cross_ │
│ attention_control.py:13 in <module>                                          │
│    10 import psutil                                                          │
│    11 import torch                                                           │
│    12 from compel.cross_attention_control import Arguments                   │
│ ❱  13 from diffusers.models.attention_processor import AttentionProcessor    │
│    14 from torch import nn                                                   │
│    15                                                                        │
│    16 from ...util import torch_dtype                                        │
╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'diffusers.models.attention_processor'

It has a lot before this, but it all seems to be the same. Any idea of a fix for this? Happens almost instantly when starting the container.

1 hour ago, wes.crockett said:

It has a lot before this, but it all seems to be the same. Any idea of a fix for this? Happens almost instantly when starting the container.

I cant seem to replicate this error, is this the main or v2.3 docker?

some things to try is delete the files in the invokeai/invokeai folder and let it repull from the repo and update the venv, 

if that doesn't work try this, in invokeai/venv folder delete the pyvenv.cfg file and rerun the docker

Edited by mickr777
  • Like 1
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'info'

* --web was specified, starting web server...

Hey there, getting the above error when installing for the first time.  Is this the break you are mentioning you get when restarting docker? :)

I've tried the dockerhub and manual methods (Along with rebuilding pyvenv.cfg and /invokeai/invokeai/ on both, and completely removing container, image, and appdata folders in between methods).

Here's the full log if it helps

>> Initializing, be patient...
>> Initialization file /home/invokeuser/userfiles/invokeai.init found. Loading...
>> InvokeAI runtime directory is "/home/invokeuser/userfiles"
>> GFPGAN Initialized
>> CodeFormer Initialized
>> ESRGAN Initialized
>> Using device_type cuda
>> xformers memory-efficient attention is available and enabled
>> NSFW checker is disabled
>> Current VRAM usage:0.00G
>> Loading diffusers model from runwayml/stable-diffusion-v1-5
   | Using faster float16 precision
   | Loading diffusers VAE from stabilityai/sd-vae-ft-mse
   | Default image dimensions = 512 x 512
>> Loading embeddings from /home/invokeuser/userfiles/embeddings
>> Textual inversion triggers: 
>> Model loaded in 3.09s
>> Max VRAM used to load the model: 2.17G
>> Current VRAM usage: 2.17G
>> Setting Sampler to k_lms (LMSDiscreteScheduler)
Loading Python libraries...

>> Initializing, be patient...
>> Initialization file /home/invokeuser/userfiles/invokeai.init found. Loading...
╭───────────────────── Traceback (most recent call last) ──────────────────────╮
│ /home/invokeuser/venv/bin/invokeai:8 in <module>                             │
│   5 from invokeai.frontend.CLI import invokeai_command_line_interface        │
│   6 if __name__ == '__main__':                                               │
│   7 │   sys.argv[0] = re.sub(r'(-script\.pyw|\.exe)?$', '', sys.argv[0])     │
│ ❱ 8 │   sys.exit(invokeai_command_line_interface())                          │
│   9                                                                          │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/frontend/CLI/CLI.py:169 in main           │
│    166 │                                                                     │
│    167 │   # web server loops forever                                        │
│    168 │   if opt.web or opt.gui:                                            │
│ ❱  169 │   │   invoke_ai_web_server_loop(gen, gfpgan, codeformer, esrgan)    │
│    170 │   │   sys.exit(0)                                                   │
│    171 │                                                                     │
│    172 │   if not infile:                                                    │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/frontend/CLI/CLI.py:1073 in               │
│ invoke_ai_web_server_loop                                                    │
│   1070 │   )                                                                 │
│   1071 │                                                                     │
│   1072 │   try:                                                              │
│ ❱ 1073 │   │   invoke_ai_web_server.run()                                    │
│   1074 │   except KeyboardInterrupt:                                         │
│   1075 │   │   pass                                                          │
│   1076                                                                       │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/backend/web/invoke_ai_web_server.py:74 in │
│ run                                                                          │
│     71 │                                                                     │
│     72 │   def run(self):                                                    │
│     73 │   │   self.setup_app()                                              │
│ ❱   74 │   │   self.setup_flask()                                            │
│     75 │                                                                     │
│     76 │   def setup_flask(self):                                            │
│     77 │   │   # Fix missing mimetypes on Windows                            │
│ /home/invokeuser/InvokeAI/invokeai/backend/web/invoke_ai_web_server.py:235   │
│ in setup_flask                                                               │
│    232 │   │   │   │   sys.exit(0)                                           │
│    233 │   │   else:                                                         │
│    234 │   │   │   useSSL = args.certfile or args.keyfile                    │
│ ❱  235 │   │   │   logger.info("Started Invoke AI Web Server")               │
│    236 │   │   │   if self.host == "0.0.0.0":                                │
│    237 │   │   │   │   logger.info(                                          │
│    238 │   │   │   │   │   f"Point your browser at http{'s' if useSSL else ' │
╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯

1 hour ago, Wake said:

* --web was specified, starting web server...

Hey there, getting the above error when installing for the first time.  Is this the break you are mentioning you get when restarting docker? :)

I've tried the dockerhub and manual methods (Along with rebuilding pyvenv.cfg and /invokeai/invokeai/ on both, and completely removing container, image, and appdata folders in between methods).

yes this is the breaking issue, just uploaded a quick fix to docker hub, locked the current main branch to the pre-nodes tag till main migration to nodes is done.

however if there is files under /invokeai/invokeai/ they will need to be deleted before starting the docker so it can pull the pre-nodes tag.

Side note ignore these errors for now since pre-nodes is a tag not a branch:

fatal: HEAD does not point to a branch
start.sh: line 38: [: fdad62e88b77478ef7016e447aeed6a221149f6b: unary operator expected
start.sh: line 40: [: fdad62e88b77478ef7016e447aeed6a221149f6b: unary operator expected

Edited by mickr777
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mickr777 said:

yes this is the breaking issue, just uploaded a quick fix to docker hub, locked the current main branch to the pre-nodes tag till main migration to nodes is done.

however if there is files under /invokeai/invokeai/ they will need to be deleted before starting the docker so it can pull the pre-nodes tag.

start.sh: line 38: [: fdad62e88b77478ef7016e447aeed6a221149f6b: unary operator expected
start.sh: line 40: [: fdad62e88b77478ef7016e447aeed6a221149f6b: unary operator expected

It works beautifully!  Thanks so much for all the effort and attention you've put into maintaining this guide

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 10:51 PM, mickr777 said:

Am I understanding right that this is using the legacy servers? They've made an update and removed them, so I think things need to be changed as my docker doesn't work anymore.

quote from github:

The legacy web server has been removed. You'll need to launch the new web server with invokeai-web (not invokeai --web) from the command line:

source ~/invokeai/.venv/bin/activate # linux C:\YourUserName\invokeai\.venv\Scripts\activate # windows invokeai-web

Note that the web script currently requires you to be in the root directory of the repo.

We've basically thrown all the pieces up in the air and are trying to put them back together again, so various bits of the install and configure process are not working.

Unless I am wrong and I've just messed up my own Invoke! Cheers.

2 hours ago, ShadowUnraidLegends said:

Am I understanding right that this is using the legacy servers? They've made an update and removed them, so I think things need to be changed as my docker doesn't work anymore.

quote from github:

Unless I am wrong and I've just messed up my own Invoke! Cheers.

What image are you on the main or v2.3, also what errors are showing for you?

Currently while the migration to nodes i locked the main image to the prenodes tag, so it shouldnt be getting any updates at the moment till the migration has finished, so anything they do should not effect it.

V2.3 did get some updates for xformers, you may need to delete the file /invokeai/venv/pyvenv.cfg and rerun the docker to fix the issue.

As for the current main branch on git hub I have a working image for it but lots still dont work, the ui needs to be used in dev mode and  things change so much with every update, I didnt think anyone on main wants that yet.

I can't get the docker to stay up either anymore.
It starts, but a couple of seconds after running it stops again.

I'm not seeing any errors in the log and have tried to delete the pyvenv.cfg file as suggested.
Here is what is shown in the log before it goes down:

** INVOKEAI INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL **
If you installed manually from source or with 'pip install': activate the virtual environment
then run one of the following commands to start InvokeAI.

Web UI:
   invokeai-web

Command-line client:
   invokeai

If you installed using an installation script, run:
  /home/invokeuser/userfiles/invoke.sh

Add the '--help' argument to see all of the command-line switches available for use.

invoke> Checking if The Git Repo Has Changed....
invoke> 

37 minutes ago, GnaXi said:

I can't get the docker to stay up either anymore.
It starts, but a couple of seconds after running it stops again.

I'm not seeing any errors in the log and have tried to delete the pyvenv.cfg file as suggested.
Here is what is shown in the log before it goes down:

** INVOKEAI INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL **
If you installed manually from source or with 'pip install': activate the virtual environment
then run one of the following commands to start InvokeAI.

Web UI:
   invokeai-web

Command-line client:
   invokeai

If you installed using an installation script, run:
  /home/invokeuser/userfiles/invoke.sh

Add the '--help' argument to see all of the command-line switches available for use.

invoke> Checking if The Git Repo Has Changed....
invoke> 

Something has got messed up somewhere, you might need to delete all files but the userfiles folder, make sure your using the main image option in the first post  and the my-invokeai.xml file is this updated on your flash drive from the first post and let it rebuild.

This image is locked to the prenodes version of main, once node migtaion has been finalised and working, i will release an update. To that image 

Edited by mickr777