Hardware confusion, along with setup confusion :)

Mrtj18

Hello new unraid user here,

I love the software and the potential benefits it has, but my past two weekends have been filled with constant build ups, and tear downs due to unsatisfactory windows vm performance. Heres my issue:

Is it possible with all the hardware I have to have a unraid gaming rig to have output of my current gaming rig consisting of a two monitor setup with my main monitor being a 1440p 144hrz high frame rate machine? Currently i have my ryzen 3600x, rtx 3080 high frame rate pc.

The hardware I have is below:

i5 - 3570k with a z77 asrock motherboard-16gb of ram

ryzen 5 3600x asrock x570m motherbaord -16gb of ram

1- RTX 3080 Gigabyte card

1- GTX 1080 Gigabyte card

1- GTX 480 card

2- 2tb hardrives

1- nvme 500GB

1- 750GB drive

1-250GB solid state drive

I placed the i5 and gtx 1080 in one pc running ubuntu hooked up to my 2 gaming monitors since the i5 is not capable of virtualization.

And then I placed the RTX 3080 and ryzen 5 3600x in the other running unriad, with the windows VM, after I dumpted the v-bios.

After finally getting the windows VM running I ran into issue after issue such as:

1. Only one screen being used in the windows VM. when I have 2 monitors

2. Low resolution in the windows VM 1080p was my max ( I had my 2nd pc hooked up to a cheap tv that only outputs 1080p 60hrz with mono sound)

3. Mono sound through passthrough

4. Games like CS:GO ran at a lower frame rate than usual ( like 45fps)

5. Devil sound, even after applying the MSI interrupts

6. My windows backup to move over to my unraid windows VM kept failing, so I could not move programs over like MS office 2003 from my main rig, to my winds VM.

Is it possible with all the hardware I have to setup a windows VM in unraid with close to actual bare metal setup, that Im currently running?

If so how should I set up my 2 rigs, with the combination of hardware I already have?