6.11.3 - 12th gen Intel with Z690M - Onboard NIC not working?

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

When i was on around unRAID 6.9 i think, i upgraded my unRAID server to an i5 12600K with a Z690M AORUS ELITE AX DDR4 motherboard. I remember something vague about onboard NICs on the new chipsets not working yet at the time, so back then i bought a cheap PCIE gigabit NIC and have been using it since then. I also had to blacklist iGPU drivers and do some other tinkering to make everything work back then.

Recently i upgraded to unRAID 6.11.3 and as far as i understood, everything 12th gen should be fully supported now. I want to get rid of the PCIE NIC to temporarily put a GPU in my server and tinker around with it, so i thought i could simply switch the network cable from the PCIE NIC to the motherboard NIC. However, no matter what i do, the onboard NIC will not work. unRAID does show it in the network settings. I have tried rebooting the server several times as well, but no success. I'm not sure what else i can try. Any help is very much appreciated.

I have attached diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20221114-2110.zip

Edited by YourNightmar3
  • Solution
11 minutes ago, YourNightmar3 said:

When i was on around unRAID 6.9 i think, i upgraded my unRAID server to an i5 12600K with a Z690M AORUS ELITE AX DDR4 motherboard. I remember something vague about onboard NICs on the new chipsets not working yet at the time, so back then i bought a cheap PCIE gigabit NIC and have been using it since then. I also had to blacklist iGPU drivers and do some other tinkering to make everything work back then.

Recently i upgraded to unRAID 6.11.3 and as far as i understood, everything 12th gen should be fully supported now. I want to get rid of the PCIE NIC to temporarily put a GPU in my server and tinker around with it, so i thought i could simply switch the network cable from the PCIE NIC to the motherboard NIC. However, no matter what i do, the onboard NIC will not work. I have tried rebooting the server several times as well, but no success. I'm not sure what else i can try. Any help is very much appreciated.

I have attached diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20221114-2110.zip 117.91 kB · 0 downloads

It is active, but eth0 is the pci. you need to chanve then network settings to make onbaord eth0

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I225-V [8086:15f3] (rev 03)

Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Ethernet Controller I225-V [1458:e000]

Kernel driver in use: igc

Kernel modules: igc