Check compatibility before buy licence

Hello all, I'm interesting to migrate my diy nas from Esxi 6.7 to Unraid but i want to be sure before start.

Here my hardware :

- Motherboard ASRock 90-MXB870-A0UAYZ AMD B450 DDR4 Socket AM4

- Processor : AMD YD2600BBAFBOX RYZEN5 2600 Socket AM4 3.9Ghz

- Ram : 2x8Go DDR4

- Disk :

1 : PNY SSD Interne 480 Go SATA III

2 : Dogfish SSD M.2 2242 128Go

3 to 5 SEAGATE - NAS IronWolf - 4To - 5900 tr/min - 3.5"

6 : Generic old disk 1To 3.5"

- Disk 3 to 6 are connected to PCIe card KALEA INFORMATIQUE © - 4 SATA 3 Ports (SATA III) - CHIPSET Marvell 88SE9215 - PCIe 1x

Could you help me to know if all of this will work like a charm with unRaid ? :)

Second question : did the M.2 SSD can be use to boot unraid ? (directly connect under the motherboard)

Thanks in advance

36 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Some Marvell controllers can be problematic with Unraid.

Unraid OS loads into and runs entirely in RAM. The booting license USB holds the OS archive and settings that need to survive reboots.

Ok I note may be I'll have to change the SATA PCIe card if drive will not recognize

And understand for flash drive explanation

Also AMD systems need special care with BIOS settings, in particular make sure the power supply idle control is set for compatibility, and RAM timings are NOT XMP overclocked. Just because the RAM is rated for a given speed doesn't mean the motherboard and CPU can drive it that hard error free.

There is a post on this forum about solving AMD specific issues.

10 hours ago, Cyrilphoenix said:

I already understand that but before to migrate I search to know if someones can tell me if motherboard, processor and other stuff will be well recognize and support.

It's nearly impossible to tell this, because this could depend not only from the generic hardware, but also from the software, bios, firmware, hardware revisions, etc.

Just install unraid on usb and try it directly with the free trial, that's the only way to see if it will work, it's just like booting a live linux distro.

Do this only to check if the hardware is well recognized; unraid needs an array, so you should need to format a disk to be the array, use a spare disk for the array, or if you don't have it, simply do not format anything and use unraid to check only the hardware.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2022 at 12:58 AM, JonathanM said:

Also AMD systems need special care with BIOS settings, in particular make sure the power supply idle control is set for compatibility, and RAM timings are NOT XMP overclocked. Just because the RAM is rated for a given speed doesn't mean the motherboard and CPU can drive it that hard error free.

There is a post on this forum about solving AMD specific issues.

Thanks, may be you have the amd post link ? 😁