auto backup before upgrade

The automated process already puts the current OS files into the /previous folder before it puts the upgraded OS files in place.

Making a full flash backup needs extra time and a destination with enough space, I guess you could start the upgrade and cancel the download of the backup if it didn't suit at that point.

Or maybe offer it as a recommended option during the upgrade, with the option to bypass?

Or, you know, trust people to do the right thing and keep regular backups? 🤣 Yeah, I know.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why? It is more convenient to have a backup in place than not and from my opinion this is way more noob proof than asking.

what do you mean?

I mean it that way that if you upgrade it will have a checkbox which is normal checked (option to not backup).

So its noob safe, if you dont change anything you have a working backup.

Edited by nuhll
3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I mean it that way that if you upgrade it will have a checkbox which is normal checked (option to not backup).

But from my perspective it's more safe to not give the option at all and move the files to the previous folder on a update, this is really, really noob proof because the greenest noob can't make a mistake... :)

But of course these are just my two cents about it. ;)