Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hi,

I am trying to add some more storage to my server, this is my first time and I've been encountering some issues.

I bought some 3TB SAS drives and are trying to replace my old 1TB SATA drives with them. My parity drive is a different 3TB drive from months back but it is also SAS, so I wouldn't think there are any issues with my server detecting SAS drives.

My Dell T610 with the PERC H700 detects the drives and they appear in unraid. I do a preclear on them, but when I put the drive into the array to replace an existing one I get the 'Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout' appear. The filesystem is XFS but then partition layout appears as 'factory-erased'. I have tried an xfs_repair and there are no issues but it still happens. I also cannot format the drive, it says formatting and then stops and nothing changes.

I have tried everything and have scoured the internet to find a fix but nothing works. Is anyone able to help?

image.thumb.png.8099689c361bdd0b80cf0aea886e444f.png

My diags are below

manticore-diagnostics-20221116-1235.zip

Edited by DizzieNight
Added extra info