after updating my unraid: server going into fake-hibernation shortly after boot

Go to solution Solved by BRiT,

Hi there,

I have a somewhat strange issue and can't understand what happens exactly.

Yesterday, I updated my unRAID version to 6.11.1, I was on 6.9.x before (can't recall the exact version). Upgrade was fast and smooth, then I went to bed. This morning I noticed the server isn't accessible anymore, but still "running".

So it makes noises, but the power LED is blinking. When I press the power button, the machine behaves like it gets out of hibernation and is just there again. Everything works like it should, but shortly after it gets into the same state again.

I guess I don't have to mention that I a) this didn't happen before the update and b) didn't change any hibernation-style setting after, haha :)

The upgrade was done yesterday, a bit later. This morning around 9h I noticed the fake-hibernation, pressed the button and very shortly after this it went "off" again. I started it the same way, shut it down completely and went to work. Now I rebooted the machine and it did the same thing again (around 21h I think)

I attached the diagnostics, I'm not smart enough to get any info out there :(

Best,

Rick

//edit

Some new findings: it doesn't switch off like this at any moment. So for example, I'm watching something through Plex, and it won't shutdown during an episode. But once it's done, the next won't play because unRAID is gone. That's strange, huh :(

lunas-diagnostics-20221116-2125.zip

Edited by CameraRick
added some information

Hi BRiT,

thanks so much, I didn't even notice I still had that installed. I wanted to let the unRAID go to sleep in the past when not in use, but that never really worked right.

... and now it doesn't either, given it won't wakeup anymore, haha :)

I deleted it and will see if the unRAID still works in the evening, fingers crossed!

Best,

Rick