Unraid UI unaccessible

Gothan

Hi there,

I have had a problem since this morning with my NAS: no longer possible to access the Unraid web interface.
The NAS is still functional, I still have access to shared folders, Plex and I can also query my NAS in SSH but I can no longer log into the user interface so I can no longer manage Unraid.
If a charitable soul could help me understand the problem and solve it, I'm interested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

I've launched the diagnostic through the SSH client and I was expecting to retrieve a zip file.

Nothing happens, only the message "Starting diagnostic collection..."

If I have a look to the NAS through the SSH client, I can see this (diagnostic launched 3 times) :

image.thumb.png.76e2b9afc72b3f4894354ac75122b93b.png

Is it what you need ?

In order to relaunch the diagnostics, I've rebooted once again the NAS... and miracle, everything is back !

The web UI is OK and I'm now able to access to my server.

In order to understand what happened, I joined 2 diagnostics files.

- The file named Tower (the initial name of the server when created some months ago) was generated before the reboot of my NAS (the UI was not yet OK)

- The file named Node (the name of my Unraid server) was generated after the reboot (the UI was back)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

node-diagnostics-20221118-1124.zip tower-diagnostics-20221118-1019.zip

Hi,

Back to this topic as I have the same issue than previously : once again, no access to the web UI of UNRAID but everything is still working (access to the shared directories, container are running).

I've tried to connect to the NAS via SSH to launch the diagnostics before rebooting in order for you to check the problem but no file generated and the process is still running :

2109627557_Capturedcran2022-11-2518_10_56.png.9a8d9e3add3def0cb2b9d660804be5c8.png

When I have a look in the NAS directory where the previous drags files were stored (/boot/logs), the directory is empty.

I can only see this directory created by the diagnostic process but no zip file.

1679133088_Capturedcran2022-11-2518_22_27.png.230302cef2b1254befa89e82f4c64f3c.png

Do you have some recommendations to retrieve the diagnostic files to understand the problem ?

Hi,

Finally I've rebooted the NAS and now I've lost every access : no web UI, no access to shared directory, no container running.... What a nightmare since some days

And after a few minutes and a third reboot, everything is back... but I don't understand what is going on and I'm starting to have doubts about the reliability of Unraid in the long term. 

Edited by Gothan

Now that the system is back, I can copy the syslog file generated previously.

Hope it will help you to understand the problem.

syslog.txt

If it can help, before the first instance of the problem (last week), I had an issue message regarding Docker and now, each time a container need to be updated, the access to the Unraid web UI seems to be slow.

Edited by Gothan

Lots of errors like these:

Nov 21 17:47:08 NODE kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\GC02DF65ZMD6TE has not responded in 180 seconds. Reconnecting...
Nov 21 17:47:25 NODE kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\NZXT\Laurent error -11 on ioctl to get interface list
Nov 21 17:50:06 NODE kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\GC02DF65ZMD6TE\lecoutre error -11 on ioctl to get interface list
Nov 21 17:57:47 NODE kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\NZXT\Laurent error -11 on ioctl to get interface list
Nov 21 18:00:28 NODE kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\GC02DF65ZMD6TE\lecoutre error -11 on ioctl to get interface list

Are these UD mounts?