Unraid OS version 6.11.4 available

limetech

Set IPVLAN as default for new installations.

despite my UnRAID not being a new install my docker network type was changed from macvlan to ipvlan.

6 hours ago, sonic6 said:

This only applies to new installations. I didn't try it by my own, but someone from the german community runed into trouble when using docker containers with br0 and switching over to ipvlan.

It also appears to be changing existing settings:

Edited by weirdcrap

Updated from 6.9.2 all the way to 6.11.4 and appear to be running fine - Ryzen 3700. Large storage system with every disk encrypted, no issues. I halted all VMs and all containers prior to update, made sure no files were open, and it went smoothly. Took the opportunity of downtime to upgrade a disk! Will have to reboot when that rebuild is complete to downgrade an NVIDIA driver that autoupdated. <sigh>

Only quirk I've found annoying is my Flash share is no longer visible. I assume this was a security change but I'd like it back and will accept the risks involved. I do seem to need to recreate my SSH key too but no biggie once I get my share back heh. Overall running well (for the last hour anyway) and the upgrade was smooth!

Edit: aaaand I got my Flash drive back. On the Main screen just click on the drive and enable the share, easy peasy once I dug a bit in the right place!

Edited by BLKMGK
3 hours ago, BLKMGK said:

Only quirk I've found annoying is my Flash share is no longer visible. I assume this was a security change but I'd like it back and will accept the risks involved.

Click on the boot device on the Main tab and change the SMB setting to export the share.

The default is now that no shares are exported until you make this change.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, SleeperCell said:

Been getting alot of this with our SMB shares since updating to 6.11.4  Can anyone point me in the right direction in figuring out what is happening?  This seems to be causing issues on our Duplicati Docker.

2022-11-22_152337.jpg

Are those network shares mounted through Unassigned Devices ?

It looks like it, though I'm not sure why as this is not the way we set this up originally.  We only have one unassigned device which is used for CCTV.

Nov 23 07:42:12 UCI-UnRaid1 kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\192.168.10.55\NS2
Nov 23 07:42:12 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//192.168.10.55/NS2' on '/mnt/remotes/192.168.10.55_NS2/'.
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//HCDBA/DBAMFG'...
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//HCDBA/DBAMFG' using SMB default protocol.
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mount SMB command: /sbin/mount -t 'cifs' -o rw,noserverino,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,di

1 hour ago, SleeperCell said:

It looks like it, though I'm not sure why as this is not the way we set this up originally.  We only have one unassigned device which is used for CCTV.

Nov 23 07:42:12 UCI-UnRaid1 kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\192.168.10.55\NS2
Nov 23 07:42:12 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//192.168.10.55/NS2' on '/mnt/remotes/192.168.10.55_NS2/'.
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//HCDBA/DBAMFG'...
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//HCDBA/DBAMFG' using SMB default protocol.
Nov 23 07:42:15 UCI-UnRaid1 unassigned.devices: Mount SMB command: /sbin/mount -t 'cifs' -o rw,noserverino,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,di

You are mounting remote shares with UD.

• SpencerJ unpinned and unfeatured this topic