6.10.3 - Upgrade woes with Windows 10 VM stability in 6.11

djtodd

OK, so I've tried updating a couple of times and I've run into issues with my one and only VM not starting. I'll sit there at the dashboard watching one thread sit at 100% for infinity. 

Tried updating the virtio drivers to virtio-win-0.1.225, in 6.10.3 and had that make the VM unresponsive prior to updating. Reverted back to virtio-win-0.1.190-1.iso and had to reboot the unraid server before I could get the VM running again.

So, having run the update assistant, and it found nothing. If I were to shut down the VM, run the update process to 6.11.4, and I run into VM or IO issues, what sort of logs/diagnostics should I capture pre/post update if things aren't running well. 

The last time I tried I could get the VM running on (I believe 6.11.2) but weird random patched of my array were visible, but un-runnable (I can see the mp3, it won't play). Reverted back to 6.10.3 and everything was fine again.

I just don't want to waste anyones time without the proper logs.

• 2 weeks later...